• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need hosting with LaTeX

aqui_c

Hi!
I need a host that offers:
  • LaTeX (essential) is for running a wiki of science. Please don't post if you don't offer this!
  • PHP
  • MySQL (At least 3 DB's)
  • 1 Gb Disk
  • 15 Gb Transfer
  • Subdomains (At least 3)
I think That's all.

If you could offer some days for trial it would be appreciated.

Hello,

We have just installed tetext, latex and associated fonts. We are able to offer your own customized plan.

Customized Plan for aqui_c:
1500 MB Space
15 360 MB Bandwidth
800 FTP Accounts, 800 Email Accounts, 800 MySQL Databases, 800 SubDomains
cPanel + Fantastico Deluxe
7 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee
For Only $4.45 USD/month or pay for $44.45 USD/year and get 2 months free

Please contact us at sales@digitalworldhost.com if your are interested or have any more questions or concerns. You can also reach me personally at tang_tang@digitalworldhost.com or on msn at tang_tang@walla.com.

Best wishes and regards,

Tang

I think tetex is a server module... Or it's a kinda programming language for word. All I know is that it isn't worth the having what ever it is. Looks like standard things that can be done in html easier.

To be honest, tetex is the first time i hear about It.
But LaTeX is a very powerful language to write publications. TeX was written to create scientific publications.
But, I need the server to have LaTeX because is the only way to create math formulas easily. For example check this
How would you write the formulas with simple HTML?

tetex is a distribution of TeX, LaTeX and Metafont. It also includes other extensions, but NO editor. People that install Latex on the server won't be of any help as long as they do not give you shell access and a decent editor such as vim or emacs.

I doubt that anyone installing the packages just because you asked will have the means of providing support. Imagine getting a error like this (btw that is from teTeX):

Code:
Running `LaTeX' on `name' with ``latex  "\nonstopmode\input{name.tex}"''
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, n
ohyphenation, loaded.

(./hw3.tex (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/size11.clo))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tools/hhline.sty)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tipa/tipa.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tipa/t3enc.def)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ot1enc.def)))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local/gb4e.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local/cgloss4e.sty))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local/cgloss4e.sty)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local/harvard.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ifthen.sty))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/pifont.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/upzd.fd)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/upsy.fd))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local/tree-dvips.sty) (./name.aux)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/tipa/t3cmr.fd))
! Emergency stop.
<*> \nonstopmode\input{name.tex}

No pages of output.
Transcript written on name.log.

LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Mon Apr 24 08:59:31
Think they'll be able to help you? I highly doubt it.

Install LaTeX on your PC, run it there and upload the files whenever you need it.
(If you need it on the server I'd be interested why.)

Also, the lack of knowledge by the posters above clearly shows that those hosters lack two things: technical knowledge and computer science experience. Want to be hosted there?

ingfina said:
Also, the lack of knowledge by the posters above clearly shows that those hosters lack two things: technical knowledge and computer science experience. Want to be hosted there?

Nyahaha! :lol: My diaphragm hurts! :lol:

And why do you need a tex compiler in your server?
Why not do it in your pc and upload the published file (pdf or ghost script)?

Just because to run a Wiki, with the possibility to include formules, is needed Latex.
I'm trying to build a Wiki with theorems and demostratios, it would be a little too annoying having to write-compile-upload-link every image. And it won't be editable.
I left an example of a Wikipedia page, so you can see what i'm talking about. (Check a few messages up)

Dayu said:
Nyahaha! :lol: My diaphragm hurts! :lol:

And why do you need a tex compiler in your server?
Why not do it in your pc and upload the published file (pdf or ghost script)?
Thats exactly what I said...got glasses?
(None of our web servers will ever get tex installed.)

aqui_c said:
Just because to run a Wiki, with the possibility to include formules, is needed Latex.
I'm trying to build a Wiki with theorems and demostratios, it would be a little too annoying having to write-compile-upload-link every image. And it won't be editable.
I left an example of a Wikipedia page, so you can see what i'm talking about. (Check a few messages up)

Why dont you get a VPS? You can then install LATEX or DUREX. :lol:

NetCafe said:
Why dont you get a VPS? You can then install LATEX or DUREX. :lol:

The problem is that the group of people developing this project (myself included) is from Argentina, and for us, buying stuff in Dollars is too expensive. Besides, I think none of the involves has eneaught experience as to install Latex into a server...
Let's see...

We can offer you:

1 GB Space
15 GB Transfer
unlimited domains, subdomains
unlimited ftp
unlimited mySQL
unlimited email
support for php, perl, cgi-bin
SSH access
Latex*

$4 per month

HOWEVER, there is one thing you should note before hosting with us. We do not yet have Latex installed, nor do we have any experience with it. Also, we can offer a 7 day trial.

Any questions please email me at: Admin{at}LittlesWebHosting.com

Thanks, Kyle

http://LittlesWebHosting.com

I wrote: we do not YET have Latex installed.

Should he decide he would like to host with us, we will install it. And we also provide SSH access.

Thanks

Finally I've found this cgi script:
http://www.forkosh.com/mimetex.html
To allow a very easy way of including Latex code into any page.
I would ask you to close this topic, since there's nothing more to discuss... The requisites for hosting would be completely other.
Unless you want to talk about latex... If that's the case, create another topic!

Iam currently hosting with dreamhost. They have a normal debian install which includes tetex. I've used it a few times and it works.

Dreamhost discount coupon "SAVE90DOLLAR" saves $90 ;-)

Back