• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Free host, Please help me!

Shirazi

Hi all,

I'm looking for a free hosting service:

5+ MB Space
1 FTP
CGI/Perl
2+ GB data transfer
------------------------------

PS:

I have visited Lord-dragon and JC-hosting and don't like them.

kind regards,

SHIRAZI

Last edited:
Nocturnal,

We just need it to host our forum, It is an IT forum for iranians and we use URL forwarding service (.tk) .

Would you host it for us?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Shirazi
Nocturnal,

We just need it to host our forum, It is an IT forum for iranians and we use URL forwarding service (.tk) .

Would you host it for us?

Thanks.

What kind of forum are you running? None of the CGI \ Perl
based forums are any good which is why you currently see
nearly all of them written in PHP.

Perl is very good for shell scripting but it is very unstable and
consumes too much resources when used for database intensive
applications such as you find in any forum use.

Also I'm trying to figure out your web space .... you are asking
for only 5MB yet want to run a forum? That's really not enough
web space to do that. To be comfortable, you should really
look at a minimum of 20MB to 30MB web space.

On the other hand, you are asking for 2GB of traffic which is
actually MORE than you will probably need. We have FREE
users that have forums with thousands of posts and more users
than on our own forum complete with graphics that use less
than 950 MB per month.

Originally posted by amz
On the other hand, you are asking for 2GB of traffic which is
actually MORE than you will probably need. We have FREE
users that have forums with thousands of posts and more users
than on our own forum complete with graphics that use less
than 950 MB per month.
exagly!alot of people ask for like 6 gigs transfer while they really need 500 megs.they should test the amount they can get first.

Originally posted by dsgdevil
exagly!alot of people ask for like 6 gigs transfer while they really need 500 megs.they should test the amount they can get first.
Question: how?

Firstly, they should demand lower amounts of data transfer on free hosting - nothing harder than trying to get a free host providing 10gb of transfer, they should start off with something like 500MB of transfer, if they find they exceed that, then - they should request something a bit more.

I used to host my forum on Netfirms.com, There is a daily CGI usage limitation for free accounts & my forums was always down. If it is different from data trasfer, Its OK & you're right! I don't need that 2GB & 1GB is enough.

I use Cutecast (artscore.net) forum, and I like it, cuz it supports farsi language very well. Thats why I cant use any other powerful PHP boards.

Anyway... Is there any host you can suggest me to host my forum?

20+ MB Space
1 FTP Account
CGI/Perl
1 GB Data Trasfer
No daily CGI usage limitation.

That's all :)

Thanks all for yours helps.

http://madsims.net
I think Allowee got fed up with how long the new server is taking to get here and is creating domains again, you might try posting a request in the forum. Besides, you'd be on the list when the new servers _do_ come in :classic2:

Originally posted by Shirazi
Antonio,

How can I register with a chinese website!!?? Also does it supprt other languages???

It's Japanese. I honestly don't know why people can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese. I can differentiate Russian, Greek, and Hungarian, so there's no reason why you guys can't tell two languages which have almost totally different language sets apart. :p

Anyway, now that I've finished ranting, I highly recommend that you use a remote host, even if your board will not be in English, unless you speak in a language based on different character sets (like Chinese, Russian, etc.). Certainly, you can read English just fine (as you are posting on this board), and I assume this is so with your fellow countrymen. :classic2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
It's Japanese. I honestly don't know why people can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese.
And then you get Korean, Thai and other Asian languages. They all look the same to me. Just because you live in China doesn't mean we all have your natural abilities or download language sets. I have no need for them so I don't download them. On a plus side, the download prompt identifies the language :chinese2:

Edit: I can however identify European/Scandinavian languages.

Originally posted by Jan
And then you get Korean, Thai and other Asian languages. They all look the same to me. Just because you live in China doesn't mean we all have your natural abilities or download language sets. I have no need for them so I don't download them. On a plus side, the download prompt identifies the language :chinese2:

Edit: I can however identify European/Scandinavian languages.

Well, Chinese, Japanese, Korean (as well as Cyrillic, and a bunch of other European fonts) are usually included by default, I thought. I can't read a word of Chinese, nor Korean, nor Japanese, but I can still identify which is which. :confused2

And Thai looks more like hieroglyphs than any of its Asian counterparts. :p

Back