• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Name the Cheapest Web Host you've seen!

jiehao85

ORiN
NLC
As I am researching on pai web hosts, I wonder what's the cheapest paid web host you have seen so far. Please attach a link as well. :p

www.exeqt.org is the cheapest I have seen so far in general. Any others?

Last edited:
All I see is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap and more cheap!!!!

Cheap is not exactly the right choice people. Getting a quality and reliable host means upping your budget. Pay the $1 more for a better host!

Hi,

I have not been here long but have just purchased hosting from Vespacious,
after a slightly bumpy start because I didnt recieve the welcome email/login info and my domain took some time to resolve...everything is fine.

It may not even have been Vespacious' fault i didnt recieve the welcome email as there are so many spam tools before mail comes into your mailbox so it could have been mistakenly blocked, and the domain resolving is in no way their fault.

In closing I recomend them, nice guys, pretty good support and a good value for money / webhosting ratio (and cheaper than www.exeqt.org ), they offered all that I needed anyway, give them your specs and maybe they can do the same for you.

Since i am recomennding them, i cant be anonymous...so heres the site i am hosting with them : tgp-mgp.info (just started it so keep in mind it under construction and nothings there)

Cheers,
Mag

Hey,
I dont get anything by plugging them, and the link you posted above says 14$ per year....I am paying $12 (comes with cpanel +1 month extra free for the late welcome mail which they offered without me asking)
I'm just screwing around on my test site so I dont need much bandwidth...but they have still given me a couple of gigs, maybe exeqt.org is giving more BW so the $2 extra..?
I found a site which was like $5 a year on www.bestwebhosters.com , dont remember the name though, you might want to check up on it if price is your only criteria (I needed an adult content friendly host...the $5 per year host didnt accept adult oriented sites, not even an adult oriented banner!)

HTH,
-Mag
Edit: Almost forgot, I found vespacious from this site...before which I never heard of them, not that i heard of this site either!

Last edited:
exeqt.org cheapest is actually $20 a year. (so $8 more than Vespacious)
the $14 was for domain registration.

cheapest host I've ever seen? would have to be the: 'findmyhosting' special on Netherweb. "Netherweb can give you world class hosting from $2.04 a year!"
http://www.netherweb.com/specials_findmy.xml?cifmh=623247

Or does that not count since it's a special?

I've never tried them.. so no idea if reliable or not. Just saw it when I was surfing. XD

2 bucks a year?
might be just me but...its sounds a bit shady...

My granny used to say..."if it sounds too good to be true...it prolly is"

She (and I) was/are sometimes wrong though :p....anybody hosted/hosting with them? speak up!

hmm, I just skimmed their site and thought exeqt.org was offering 14 per year...didnt notice that it was for domain registeration. @$20 there are quite a few hosts that can beat that .....I think

Cheers,
Mag

Last edited:
Shady, musicgu7? I see the host you are plugging for offers unlimited bandwidth, now thats shady.

Archbob, I was not offered unlimited bandwidth, just 3-5 gigs i think (will check up on the exact number if you want)
jiehao85, I think i saw the goodydomains guys post a couple of times here...could be wrong,I am new here and too lazy to check :p,
who in the world was offering 50gigs bw @ .99? sound REAL shady...but i got a buck to spare ;-)

Cheers,
Mag

You might want to do your post over, jiehao85, because the word cheap means the price is low and also the quality. Any body can offer that. Inexpensive hosting means that the price low, but there is quality. Just a little hint for ya.

I kind of agree with that, usually "cheap" means both price and quality which brings up that old saying of: "you get what you paid for"

But, reciently hosting prices have been dropping reeeeeal fast (compare prices with say... 5 years back then 3 years back...then last year) so thats not always the case. I reciently purchased an account from hub.org for a client, I think i got a very very good deal for the amount I paid, multiple domains total server access and a crapload more (nice guys too, the owner Marc personally sees to a lot of stuff and gets hands down with things, chris is in support and programming and usually one of the two solves ANY problems i have in 60 mins)...I think its pretty cheap, or take a look at managed.com...99$ 120gb space 1200gb bw...how much would that have costed a little while back? cheap isnt it?

Not argueing or starting an arguement...but I think its kind of understood what the guy means by "cheap", and i can understand most of the hosts disgust with that word :D...it IS a business after all and compettion is to the extremes.

Cheers,
Mag

Yah... Anything like what RiotHost.com offers seem pretty much impossible. The prices now are not anywhere like even a year ago. Was just researching on how companies can survive this stiffly competitive market without compromising profits. Looks like I will be jumping into the fray soon as a fren of mine seeked my help in getting his web hosting business running again. :p

I have seen dozens of ultra cheap hosts over the last few months......sadly they are no longer in existence ;) If you value your site, don't go for the cheapest wannabe host you can find.

From what I see, I think the average price for a inexpensive web host is around US$0.30 per 100MB webspace and US$0.30 per 1GB bandwidth. I plan to work along this line. :p

Back