• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My bad experience with kikko networks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazzman

Hi all,
I opened a virtual hosting account with kikko.com about 9 days ago. Since I opened the account, the server has been down for 3 days. Now the server is back up, my site has disapeared (it has been replaced by some page stating how glad cobalt is that people are using one of their raqs) and I can no longer access my account (username is recognised, but my password isn't).

I have been sending kikko emails and leaving them messages on their live help for 3 days now and have had no response what so ever. I've told them if they don't respond by Monday, I will contact my credit card company and tell them to block payment. I've allready payed them $80 (setup fee and first month of hosting), which I probably will never see again. And I thought I had finally found the perfect host.

I'm posting this story to warn people off from using this host. Also I was wondering if anybody has any tips on how I can proceed in this matter. Is there maybe some consumer organisation I can contact if they refuse to refund my money? This is the worst hosting experience I've ever had.

Actually I saw someone making good comments on this company, maybe it was the guy who runs it.

Tazzman, post your website URL (even though we can't access it) just so that your post is within the rules.

Sorry about the URL. Didn't post as it's going nowhere at the moment. Just transferred the domain name to a different registrar and seeing as I have no name servers to use at the moment anyway...

The URL is www.digital-grey.com and the IP where my site was is 207.113.23.18

I've read mixed comment on Kikko, some people give it a full 10, others give them a 1. All experiences with this company seems to be either good or bad, no middly ground. If the do not reply to my messages by midnight on Monday, I'll do a back charge on my credit card, see what they say about that. They're welcome to send a collecting agency around if the want, but they're still not getting any money off me. I have read something about contacting the bbb if these guys keep giving me trouble...

I've been thinking about going dedicated. I've had enough hassle with high end virtual hosting. I've found some nice offers on dedi hosting and a few friends of mine need some hosting too, so maybe they can rent some space off me to help cover the costs :)

You might want to look into Tera-byte for dedicated hosting.

Sometimes, the good comments there could be made by the owner/employees at the host.

We have this bad experience with kikko too, We have bought a dedicated server from kikko around USD 400 and we have wait for 2 weeks and did not get the service and we request for refund but never get their reply, finally they reply and said will refund us, but we have wait for 4 months but never get refund, the worst thing is my credit card company don't want to handle this case, they want me to deal with the merchant. I am very angry. I have submit the complaint to www.bbb.org, You can also go to this website and submit your complaint.

I hope you get your refund.

Have a nice day!

A new thread would have sufficed instead of bring up one from 4 months back :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back