• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MikeRoweSoft

Quite funny, altho I've never seen or heard of this site before.

Quote from the said site
"I received an email from Smart & Biggar, Microsoft's Canadian lawyers, informing me that I have been committing copyright infringement against Microsoft. They told me that I must transfer my domain name over to Microsoft as soon as possible. I was baffled by this email, yet thought it was funny at the same time. Microsoft was going after a 17 year olds part time business that he put a lot of time into just because it has the same phonetic sound as their company. "

I can see why the term "Evil Empire" is often usinged to describe MS.

I don't see how they think they have a case...if his name was Joe Swanson or something, and he registered the name, then maybe...but if it's his real name, there shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to follow this, and see how it turns out.

I think Microsoft is handling this correctly. And yes, I think their offer was better than the 2nd option, which is taking him to court and making him spend thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Originally posted by Robert
which is taking him to court and making him spend thousands of dollars in legal fees.
You can get a public lawyer if you dont have the $
Or represent yourself

I dont know why but lawyer always reminds me of liar :classic2:

Originally posted by Wojtek
You can get a public lawyer if you dont have the $
Or represent yourself

I dont know why but lawyer always reminds me of liar :classic2:

No lawyer will represent him in court again The Giant Microsoft for the money they make.

And the site is now down lol

Lionel Hutz in the Simpsons : "Murder One! Even if I lose I'll be famous!". Same thing applies, except it's bigger than murder one.

I think lawers would be trying to represent him. He will easily win the case. Imagine Microsoft in your beaten at trial list.

Back