• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft Kills CZ.CC & Dotfree For Spamming

Such is the way with free domain names. They get horribly abused, so the big times decide to no longer support them.

No, I'm referring to .com, .net, .org and such. From the namezero era

I don't know if I consider that free. I guess so. You had ads and all sorts of other BS. There are still companies that do that, though not on an incredibly large scale.

Google are not welcome for those free domain.cc~~~
Most of domain get banned , and all of it would not get index by Google.
That why we still need to stay with paid domain.

It wasn't just that they were free, it's that they were incredibly easy to register - they even had an API which you could through thousands of reg requests at. So the high, high majority of the domains were spam.

These free domains are good for doing some test only, such as sandbox for some websites before launching them with real, paid TLD.
But seems like there are a lot of "Free Hosting Company" here do not know the fact that free domains like co.cc, .tk is not something that they should use for running a web hosting services.

While these ones went under, dot.tk is still around. I know it is not the same, but they still offer free .tk domain names and claim to be around for awhile. I am sure Google is having a fun time pulling the .free domains from it's database.

While these ones went under, dot.tk is still around. I know it is not the same, but they still offer free .tk domain names and claim to be around for awhile. I am sure Google is having a fun time pulling the .free domains from it's database.

It seems like the .free is no longer exist anymore.
And I didn't see any news about ICANN adding this domain extension as well.

Back