• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Merged] What is wrong this time???? [Valcato]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard HTML files are up and running, where having troubles parsing PHP files at the moment, thats a minor problem which should be fixed soon.

Liam

Thanks

All the best. I have noticed the sharks circling lately and many are hosting providers....Funny that.

Thanks again!;)

Please confine all valcato problems to one thread from now on, we didn't really need 4 of them on the go.

Lol, all being well this thread should end now!

Everythings running ok now.

Liam Gladdy
Valcato Support

Well it was nice weather when the router was hit by a storm but I couldn't say much about that.

Originally posted by Jan
Please confine all valcato problems to one thread from now on, we didn't really need 4 of them on the go.

Sorry Jan was supposed to be a reply thanks :).

Gary ofcourse, it's in the general interest of the public and their customers

Originally posted by Liam
looks like a problem with the upgrade to CPanel we install today.

.........and how long have I been around saying Cpanel sucks and it has a habit of screwing up systems???

From what I hear you shouldn't do cpanel updates untill htey have a stable build.

Offcoarse if it was a cpanel problem I think you realy should have come out and said it most people realy wouldn't have said much about it. Problems happen with any server. Hope you get back on your feet.

Remember this thread has been merged! Meaning nothing make much sense.

Im standing by the router issue

last nights down time was the CPanel problem.

Liam Gladdy

does it matter what caused the downtime?? the point is that the sites were down...and that = to that your host is very unrelyable...i didnt have an account with you but i was about to...but here i see what your clients get now..Co-Lo inet lines crash, apache, cpanel, diff hardware issues..man thats really annoying..:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Liam

Im standing by the router issue

last nights down time was the CPanel problem.

Liam Gladdy

Seriously ? I mean standing by the router issue when nocsters/burst's Sean comes out and say it wasn't there problem. I realy think you should check back to whoever's in charge and if he's telling you that I'd seriously be thinking its time to move.

If there was a router issue at nocster there would be alot of server's down not just your 2.

If there was an issue that was nocster's fault they would admit it.

Originally posted by MASTER
does it matter what caused the downtime?? the point is that the sites were down...and that = to that your host is very unrelyable...i didnt have an account with you but i was about to...but here i see what your clients get now..Co-Lo inet lines crash, apache, cpanel, diff hardware issues..man thats really annoying..:rolleyes:

This is what people get. If the people want hosting for $30/year (or whatever) deal with it. If you want hosting from a REAL host, pay for it.

As for the router issue, the URL Robert provided sums it up (for me anyway). Seems either Liam lied, or was lied to.

Originally posted by MASTER
does it matter what caused the downtime??

If the host blatantly lies saying it wasn't their fault you have to ask some questions about their credibility. We have an ISP called XIS downunder that tends to blame all their problems on others.

Now Liam is even stating after Burst denied it, that it was a router problem. This in my view leaves them with no creditability. And we also use cpanel, no downtime what so ever. Which build did you install?

This is getting a little out of hand now.

I only tell you what im told, and i trust our management.

Whatever the cause, we were down for a problem we couldnt control which is now been fixed, and all clients compensated for the down.

I realise how annoying the down time is, we tried our best to get everything running as soon as we possibly could, and we did it as soon as we could.

We dont plan any of our downtime and its as annoying to us as it is to you, as most of you understand, and i thank you for that.

Anyway, everything is running fine now i hope we wont need this thread for a long time in the future.

Many Thanks

Liam Gladdy
Technical Support Administrator
Valcato Internet Services

This is getting a little out of hand now.

Exposing the lies you have told to your customers?. I am sure they are all waiting for an explanation.

I only tell you what im told, and i trust our management.
If Burst publicly announce that their are/were no problems and it was server problems on your end you still believe your management?

clients compensated for the down.
Clients don't need sweeteners to stay on a service. If your truthful, post regular updates on the situation they atleast know you are doing something about the situation. After a day of downtime, then announcing it was a router issue which is false doesn't give confidence to customers.

I realise how annoying the down time is, we tried our best to get everything running as soon as we possibly could, and we did it as soon as we could.

As I stated before keeping your client's updated on the situation would have been better. If this means buying another server in a different noc just for a status/update page then that's what you will need to do. Coming out after 24 hours and stating that it was Burst's fault is wrong

Ok guys!

Stop arguing

Personally I don't care if it was a router problem or someone messed up with the linux kernel or something and the server got down or anything.

And even if they lied to us, I don't care.
The service is back now, and everything is fine.

I'm a valcato customer and I'll stay a valcato customer because their service is great. :)

============
= Thread Over =
============

I don't think Roberts disputing what service they are offering. Its just conflicting information has come out and Burst don't lie in public forum's about a client, they would admit the problem..

I belive Liam which is the scary thing that even the staff haven't realy been told the truth.

Most people have seen things like this before, as long as its not another downwards spiral towards, I don't think anyone wants another CW.

In the end of the day it doesn't realy matter what the problem was its just more that lies have been told to customers. That said I hope its the end of your problems and the issues are resolved.

Hehe XIS, did they move to their new call centre after all?

Funny how they blamed everything on datafast, oh well lets not get into the XIS saga, we can use whirlpool for that :D

Originally posted by MN-Robert

If the host blatantly lies saying it wasn't their fault you have to ask some questions about their credibility. We have an ISP called XIS downunder that tends to blame all their problems on others.

Now Liam is even stating after Burst denied it, that it was a router problem. This in my view leaves them with no creditability. And we also use cpanel, no downtime what so ever. Which build did you install?

Originally posted by MN-Robert

snip snip..

Ahh, just like how they said the DNS errors were caused by Apache. :rolleyes:

Wojtek: www.valcato.net = DNSERROR

sites hosted by valcato = DNSERROR
----------------------------------------------------
Hiya all,

Sorry about this, its a problem with Apache on our main server, we are currently rebuilding and hope to be up again very soon.

Thanks

Liam Gladdy
Valcato Support

Call me stupid, but how the <beep> does apache control the dns records?? That's lie number 1 (or not knowing what's going on, and he's the tech support admin???). Two, the lie about the router. The lies just keep comin!

What the hell is a "Technical Support Administrator"?? OOOOOO, I get it, he admins the tech support, right! :rolleyes: Mind you, most people call them engineers rather then admins.

Wojtek: If you want to deal with a company that lies, fine. When you have other problems like this, avoid posting them here. If you think the service is good, then why did you post the error message in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back