• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

megawebspace.co.uk, got a problem

Bigcatkeeper

This host is great 500mb good bandwidth, unlimited MYSQL and lots more but there is one problem! Server speed it isn't the fastest host I can name but do you think it's a bit slow because the adress to my site is http://66.90.73.208/~mysite I have heard with an url like that sites can be slow. So do you guys think if I get a domain name and use it there (which I can) it would make a differnece in speed?

Thanks

Since your using an IP address it'll be faster as there's no DNS lookup, so if it's slow it's either your ISP or the host.

Maybe

Have you tried a reverse IP lookup? It could tel you how many domain are hosted on the server... maybe it is overloaded?

Or contact their tech support.. maybe it is something that is a current issue..

I guess you moved your site because that IP is an empty web site with nothing in it and there is no DNS record whatsoever .... needless to say that'll definitely cause connection problems:
Searching for A record for 66.90.73.208 at l.root-servers.net: Reports that no A records exist. [took 123 ms]

Answer:
No A records exist for 66.90.73.208. [Neg TTL=86400 seconds]

Details:
l.root-servers.net (an authoritative nameserver for (root)) says that there are no A records for 66.90.73.208.

Searching for PTR record for 66.90.73.208 at a.root-servers.net: Reports that no PTR records exist. [took 45 ms]

Answer:
No PTR records exist for 66.90.73.208. [Neg TTL=86400 seconds]

Details:
a.root-servers.net (an authoritative nameserver for (root)) says that there are no PTR records for 66.90.73.208

Re: Maybe

Originally posted by WhereToLook
Have you tried a reverse IP lookup? It could tel you how many domain are hosted on the server... maybe it is overloaded?
WhereToLook, that only works if the provider has setup PTR records and the IP on the account is hosted on a shared IP account at their hosting provider.

In the case of the person who started this thread, they have an IP based URL which is only possible with a dedicated IP so doing a reverse on that one won't tell you anything about how many people are on that particular server or IP.

Of course, per my last post, you can see it doesn't return anything whatsoever so it's kind of a moot issue anyway.

Just making a technical clarification.

Hello,

We have got a new ticket support system which should decrease the amount of time it takes us to reply to support requests.

Please try by logining into your account and pressing 'SUPPORT'

Back