• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Megagiga and such...

Ryan_man

Hey,
I was wondering if there's any more places like Megagiga or Excelland out there. Is there?

the probelm with community architect is u have to print out a form and send it to them in the mail, i just dont have the time, are there any others?

Dito. I need a place that doesn't require a signature. I mean that's so dumb. Why do you have to sign for a free service? First of all, it's a waste of time, it's hard to find a fax, and their webmaster/support guy is an ass when it comes to asking for alternatives.

Requiring that you either snail mail or fax him (which I dont have) a whole contract, goes to show how insecure the company really is. When you sign up for megagiga do you need to fax a 15 page contract to them? NO, and it's perfectly legal if you don't. CA says that it's required by law, but it's not... Unless he's throwing in a free car. CA is the worst reseller in my opinion.

Excelland is dead

Huh,

Excelland is dead (I was just beginning to build a site there).

Megagiga is... NO SUPPORT.

I had to create a second site, the first one was refusing new applications with a cool
mkdir: Could not create directory
But for the rest it is ok.

see my congowebs.wigloo.com

JF B

ok :( that's too bad heh. I tried to use affiliate programs on various top notch web hosts, but with no prevail. They would not accept me for unknown reasons. :( :(

Originally posted by Ryan_man
CA is the worst reseller in my opinion.

HA! You think megagiga and excelland is any better? Making you sign a hard copy of a contract instead of just clicking a checkbox ensures that you read or atleast took time to look over the TOS. I can guarruntee there are no warez sites joined to CA, frankly because of this. It makes user's who won't appreciate their services not sign up. It takes alot of money to run CA, the least thing you could do is sign a paper.

Originally posted by beanmaster2001
the probelm with community architect is u have to print out a form and send it to them in the mail, i just dont have the time, are there any others?
i think if you're actually serious about going through with it, that shouldn't be a problem at all. that's the reason community architect is still going strong, and everywhere else sucks or has died.

it takes two minutes to fill out their form, and 2 seconds to fax it. i got off my lazy butt and did it, why can't you? unless you want a service that sucks, use community architect.

Originally posted by beanmaster2001

Actually you fax it to them... Wasn't too hard to do, for me. :)

Megagiga would be good if it weren't for the file size limit on co-branded host sites. I can't reach community architect for some odd reason, excelland ceased to exist, and I can't for the life of me find the co-brand thing from ascension web. So I'm stuck w/megagiga.

it takes two minutes to fill out their form, and 2 seconds to fax it. i got off my lazy butt and did it, why can't you? unless you want a service that sucks, use community architect

if you live on USA there is no problem to fax it, but how if you in Asia like me?

Yeah or how about if you don't have a FAX or SCANNER? idiots. Plus I live in The Great White North, and i'm not paying the long distance fees just so I can get 10% more hits a day. CA sux admit it. Their contract is almost as if your buying a car or doing your taxes or buying life insurance, it's dumb. They don't need a fricking signature, it's all bull.

but, after excelland i think they the best. I have signed up at megagiga, but i can't upload my file. I tried at portland too, and set MX record to bigmailbox. After more than 2 day, i can't received my mail.

To upload on Megagiga you have to uncheck PASV in your FTP proggie. It's easy just to go settings or the edit option in your connection manager.

LOL... I bought a scanner just so I could scan and email my Community Architect contract/agreement thingy :D

Yeah or how about if you don't have a FAX or SCANNER? idiots. Plus I live in The Great White North, and i'm not paying the long distance fees just so I can get 10% more hits a day. CA sux admit it. Their contract is almost as if your buying a car or doing your taxes or buying life insurance, it's dumb. They don't need a fricking signature, it's all bull.

ryan, ryan, ryan... i think a guy who wants to run a free webspace host free of charge as much as you've proven you want to would jump head over heels at an opportunity like this.

it's not like buying a car, hahahahaha... it's free hosting. there is a difference there. i just think a guy with your apparent mental capabilities just can't handle the paultry job of going to the local shopping center and paying 20 cents for a fax. sheesh.

they're not asking for an arm and a leg. it doesn't cost you a cent to use their service... and i don't know where the heck you get needing a scanner for this [i don't have one and everything went through fine], all you need is a printer and a fax machine. a printer is one of the most common items in homes [with a computer] today. if you don't have one, surely at least one of your friends will. and any decent local business will have a fax machine which i'm sure they'd be more than happy to let you use for a modest fee of well under one stinking dollar.

sooo... any other arguments against using them? lethargy? no driver's license? no parent with a drivers license?

lmfao. What a cocky individual. Mr Zeus should I call you? Since your so much better than us, I suppose you didn't care about long distance charges? First of all, like I said I don't have a fax, and "fax places" do not allow long distant faxes over 90 cents. I didn't say I was too lazy to go do it, but the fact is, is that you don't need to sign a contract over a free service. Basically it's like signing in to use a public bathroom, and it's pointless. I can see maybe a survery/contract w/o a "legal binding" signature. That would be so much more conveinent than paying the "10 cents" (it's $1.59 for a fax here SA) for a fax. Frankly with the visitors I get now, I can't see why I should have to pay money just to sign up for a free service which will in the long term earn CA money with their advertisments. It is not worth it. And I thank you very much for NOT putting my O P I N I O N to the trash. It's my opinion and i'm entilted to it.

and i don't know where the heck you get needing a scanner for this [i don't have one and everything went through fine], all you need is a printer and a fax machine. a printer is one of the most common items in homes [with a computer] today. if you don't have one, surely at least one of your friends will.

Don't have a fax machine. I needed a scanner so I could scan the thing in, after printing it, and email it off to them. I'm not complainin'.

lmfao. What a cocky individual. Mr Zeus should I call you? Since your so much better than us, I suppose you didn't care about long distance charges? First of all, like I said I don't have a fax, and "fax places" do not allow long distant faxes over 90 cents. I didn't say I was too lazy to go do it, but the fact is, is that you don't need to sign a contract over a free service. Basically it's like signing in to use a public bathroom, and it's pointless. I can see maybe a survery/contract w/o a "legal binding" signature. That would be so much more conveinent than paying the "10 cents" (it's $1.59 for a fax here SA) for a fax. Frankly with the visitors I get now, I can't see why I should have to pay money just to sign up for a free service which will in the long term earn CA money with their advertisments. It is not worth it. And I thank you very much for NOT putting my O P I N I O N to the trash. It's my opinion and i'm entilted to it.
...and all that coming to you directly from from the guy who wanted to start a free host off another free host. ahhahahahahahahahahaha!!! i guess if you can't sit on your ass the whole time and spend no more then 1 cent, it's not worth your time right? just want everything handed to you on a silver platter, eh? i guess the answer to my original question would be lethargy.

Hey,
I was wondering if there's any more places like Megagiga or Excelland out there. Is there?
well guess what? looks like community architect is your only other choice, if you want people to be happy with it and have it last a pretty darn good while.

Last edited:
Back