• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Media Players

Hobo

I have been listening to alot more music lately, and was using Windows Media Player, but I now am starting to despise it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to play my songs? The only thing I really need is a Playlist Function everything else is an added bonus.
ogre2

I like broid : http://ashben.net/broid.htm . Simple, lightweight. It's created by ashben...a member (mod?) here.

Features:

* Support for MP3, WMA, CD Audio and WAV; Support for M3U Playlists; MP3 & M3U association for instant playback.
* Advanced playlist panel with sequential or random play.
* Advanced MP3 information tool supporting ID3 v1 & ID3 v2 tags. Embed and exchange lyrics and pictures in MP3's!
* A cool & instant "Suggest Song to Friend" feature.
* broid .web brings to you .. Lyrics Search, Find 'n' Buy CD's, Audio Search, Up-to-date Music News, Music Events, Event Tickets, CD Cover Search, Music Chart Updates etc.
* NG Graphical User Interface

im currently using iTunes For Windows

it starts up reallyquickly, uses little memory,as a very nice playlist system (smart playlists are cool :)),viz system,10 band eq,the ability to burn a cd off a playlist, real-time audio improvement and audio levling,CDDB support,Internet radio,Very nice and easy to use interface,and more. i love it!

broid sounds cool though

i used to use that one too...but then i found itunes...foobar's good if you want a nice,small audio playar, but i found itunes to have better features, better playlist orginization,etc not to mention that it starts up just as quickas foobar...

instead of starting a new thread, i'm also looking for a decent media player, something for mp3s, like winamp/xmms.

I simply want a better sorting system, because looking any of number of mp3s above 500 is a pain in teh --- :confused2

[add]

i recommend winamp2.

Media Player 7 and 9 have a playlist, unless you're using a skin that doesn't support it? :confused:

Attachments

• wmplaylist.png
    wmplaylist.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 17
tandoc, winamp is good as you suggested. Press "J" to do a search. Also I right click the "misc" tab, sort>by title.

Winamp is good.

I've never understood why people are so picky about appearance in a media player. As long as they play music, who cares what it looks like. In most cases, you'll have it hidden in the background while you surf the net or do whatever else it is you're doing.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I've never understood why people are so picky about appearance in a media player. As long as they play music, who cares what it looks like. In most cases, you'll have it hidden in the background while you surf the net or do whatever else it is you're doing.

Same goes for computer cases, glasses, shoes, shirts, clothes, cars, houses, cell phones, pens, pencils, bookbags, printers, speakers, tables, desk, chairs, you name it people want it look good.

I've never understood why people bother with playlists for that matter :). You select the artist, album or genre you want to listen to. If you want to listen to a specific song that's what search is for. Why bother with a playlist?

It's just something to please yourself when you see it. Like the desktop. Some people (like me) don't bother with wallpapers, but sometimes I do think it would be nice to see something other than the default background color.

It's simply about eye pleasure.

Windows:
Winamp

Mac OS X:
iTunes (for lengthy playlists, renaming etc.)
MPG123 (for general playback)

Back