• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

me making software.. help

kiara

hey peepiez me making a software called "KA-Create" (not very original name :p)
and its basically, you just set where the files upload to, and click and point and upload up to a million files at once. all you need is an internet connection. you do need an ftp account (but only to upload this software database to your server *small file*) and you use it from your desktop. basically just open it and upload INSTANTLY
NO LOGIN AND STUFFF OR FTP NEEDED TO UPLOAD VIA KACREATE
anywayz
i need donations to help make this software... anyone wanna help me ?

MM983 said:
Why do you need donations?
please don't state the obvious;

alright MM98 (or whatever) you gotta know that ALOT of servers do not allow this b/c of MAJOR security reasons of like getting folder information.

you should make MySQL backend to use adminCP stuff inside the program... and user log-on. But mostly, if you want your users to FTP, don't go this way... T35.com is sorta ok with net2ftp, but the FTP itself is wayyyyy better!

// DarkBlood

DarkBlood said:
please don't state the obvious;

alright MM98 (or whatever) you gotta know that ALOT of servers do not allow this b/c of MAJOR security reasons of like getting folder information.

you should make MySQL backend to use adminCP stuff inside the program... and user log-on. But mostly, if you want your users to FTP, don't go this way... T35.com is sorta ok with net2ftp, but the FTP itself is wayyyyy better!

// DarkBlood

Wow, I must say that it is pretty rude by not even taking the time of typing my [short] name out. M-M-9-8-3.

thanks alot,

kiara or whatever; you now say you don't require FTP/log-on... HOW THE H**L are you supposed to upload files if you cannot logon? Well of course, there ARE those select few who don't give a d*mn about their servers and do what you want to do; it's NOT recommended to do so if you want your site to go down hard (your side), quickly, and easy (client-side).

MM983 (Got it right. :p) Sorry for being rude, I was in a rush when i typed that thing out and I might've skipped a few letters or those sorts of things.

// DarkBlood

// About Ka-Create \\
=====================================================​
1. It needs a server-sided code (DUH!) I highly recommend PHP.​
2. It needs to be compatable for those with Dial-Up, i.e: file size limitations (goes right into the php code.)​
3. You need to delete ANY files that your hoster (or whoever provides your account) doesn't like; i.e: 18+ Images, warez, roms/emulators, etc. As well as ad restrictions on those topics (I hate when emulator/rom sites have those 18+ ads.)​

Lets just say don't waste time developing this - if I found any person on my servers using it they would be in breach, have their accounts deleted and any process used by the prog stopped so you would effectively put hosts in danger and hosted out of the picture.

I suggest using your tallents in other areas.

Decker,
You're a good guy then! I respect your determination to have a good well-rounded server... and not have anybody breach your rules and/or codes of conduct. These people you should listen to.

oh you got it wrong lol.
its like a program people download right, they install on PC and on their server, (via trial ftp or whateva they choose) then use this to upload really fast. just set where it goes, INSIDE the server its uploaded on. otherwise it willl upload but wont go on the server

so,
you're thinking of ressurrecting a free version of Kazza? [Laughs] That's not gonna happen, Kazza was never supposed to be free in the first place. So you can just forget it.

DarkBlood said:
so,
you're thinking of ressurrecting a free version of Kazza? [Laughs] That's not gonna happen, Kazza was never supposed to be free in the first place. So you can just forget it.
from what i get of it, its not a file sharing program.. its just basically a fast ftp program.. i don't know how he's going to do it.. but thats what it seems to be.. not sharing files with other people, just uploading your files to your server

-_-

That's evil, installing FTP is not my thing. That's why I use WS_FTP LE for my FTP uploads, but of course, you gotta login. As well as Kazza, Napster, and all those file-sharing/FTP Share sites or programs.

I'd prefer if I could convince everyone to use an SSH2 client, but I now it's not gonna happen :)

It would be interesting to see the product though, and it might be good to give a few folks the chance to try and 'break' it for test purposes ;)

Back