• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Me = Little Miss Pilot

sarmth

Today, I was being taught to pilot a Jabiru J-160D single Propeller 2 person Aircraft.
jabflying.jpg

I did about an hour and a half of PreFlight Briefing, followed by a 1 hour flight. It was really fun, very engaging, and very self fulfilling. I have done something not a single person in my family has done before. I piloted the airplane! I was being taught Equipment Movements, preflight checks, landing checks and a bit of VHF Radio. Sadly there was a lot of cloud roaming in over port philip bay which was all inclusive of my flight path, I guess, for a first timer, the turbulence was while minor, it gave me a good insight as to the feel of compensating for turbulence, and I had the safety of a fully trained Commercial Pilot sitting next to me incase I needed help.

The thing I found most fascinating about the way the aircraft moved was that you use the Aileron to steer, and use the rudder to stabilise so that you don't feel like you are being thrown out of your seat.

Who else has piloted an aircraft ?

I'd love to do that sometime! Was this just a one time thing or are you going to continue doing it?

Fun stuff right?

I've flown a few WWII combat simulators with my brothers over the years, so I at least know the basic motions involved in handling the plane.

But I've never actually been in the real thing, it's probably a great deal more thrilling actually being up there with the engines roaring and the seat pitching on the turns.

Just mind your G-force, if you bank too hard at speed you'll blackout.

[JSH]John;1167797 said:
I'd love to do that sometime! Was this just a one time thing or are you going to continue doing it?
Yep. I am going for my Recreational Pilot's License, so yeah, I will soon be able to fly solo ;)
That is awesome

Now you can start running cocaine for a Colombian drug lord
lol, thanks Ben! :D
It's very fun, you should try it sometime :D
Fun stuff right?

I've flown a few WWII combat simulators with my brothers over the years, so I at least know the basic motions involved in handling the plane.

But I've never actually been in the real thing, it's probably a great deal more thrilling actually being up there with the engines roaring and the seat pitching on the turns.

Just mind your G-force, if you bank too hard at speed you'll blackout.

Oh isn't it just Seraphim, it's brilliant because you actually get to feel the effects your movements with the controls have on the aircraft, just like with a car, you feel every little thing. And turbulence is very interesting when you feel it. :talk:

I have never used a jet simulator, however, I would imagine that the real thing is better. I have only ever used Microsoft Flight Simulator, which the controls are totally inaccurate to a real aircraft.

I usually ran Warbirds III, but I did play with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator as well using dual joystick controls.

The real controls would definitely feel quite different, and there's also the force feedback that most computer simulation games intentionally leave out.

Most of what I ran in simulation was piston engine craft- such as the favorite P51D or the ever faithful B17 Flying Fortress.

Though I finally like last week figured out how to get the Junkers Ju-52 off the ground in Warbirds III. Turns out it's a trick in the flaps on it, have to run a certain angle to get enough lift at low altitudes. Usually I could get it up a hundred meters or so, but then it would stall at that point and not go any higher. Launching with only half a tank of fuel and playing with the flaps I actually got it up over 5000 meters, though I ended up running into a swarm of enemy fighters and got shot down.

Yep. I am going for my Recreational Pilot's License, so yeah, I will soon be able to fly solo ;)

lol, thanks Ben! :D
It's very fun, you should try it sometime :D

Oh isn't it just Seraphim, it's brilliant because you actually get to feel the effects your movements with the controls have on the aircraft, just like with a car, you feel every little thing. And turbulence is very interesting when you feel it. :talk:

I have never used a jet simulator, however, I would imagine that the real thing is better. I have only ever used Microsoft Flight Simulator, which the controls are totally inaccurate to a real aircraft.
I've actually entertained the idea of taking lessons several times over the years, but I'm 99% sure it's way out of my budget. :(

Wow and that after I did read your "The Equiline Foundation" thread and was thinking of offering you free hosting on my personal server...
Hehehe Thanks for the thought Sander. I have no issue with hosting, I'm running a few servers in Australia alone. If push comes to shove, I can get the hosting virtually instantly. I was more keen on giving the smaller guys a chance to know what it was like being in the industry, unfortunately, the one I went with really bit me on the butt.
yeah... the offer is really too good..
Which offer?

Here's something you will all love!
252669_470398416321537_1849819305_n.jpg

487319_471178486243530_320424321_n.jpg

Nice new italian designer steel frame full mirror aviator shades :D Hawt!!

What do ya think Ben ?
Nice, they fit you!

I have a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I got as a gift a while back. I always feel awkward in sunglasses, though, so I usually only wear them when I'm driving

Congrats to you miss pilot that you are titled as miss pilot. Keep it up and do hard work on you job. This is my Favorited job but I am not a pilot actually I wanted to be but because of my luck I missed this chance and got another job here.

Nice, they fit you!

I have a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I got as a gift a while back. I always feel awkward in sunglasses, though, so I usually only wear them when I'm driving

Because I wear glasses, I need to have my aviators over the top of my normal glasses. Thankfully they sort of click into my normal every day frames easily :D

Because I wear glasses, I need to have my aviators over the top of my normal glasses. Thankfully they sort of click into my normal every day frames easily :D
Ahh I can't stand wearing glasses. I wear contacts. Although, I'm saving up for lasik ...

Can't you try lenses? Or do you still need an aviator then?
I cannot wear contacts because I just cannot get them in. It's easier to just put my aviators over the top of my normal glasses :D
Plus apparently I look hotter with glasses on LOL!

Back