• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

make the first letter of every word capital?

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
how would you make the first letter of every word capital, eg

hello my name is moose

change to:

Hello My Name Is Moose

via php or CSS. No javascript please.

thanks,

tm

You could try looking at the IPB source files you have T.M. and look at how the script uses the option in the ACP to do that. o_O

I know HTML tags can make your text ALLCAPS, but that's about it.

what option in the ACP? IPB files are funnily coded anyway. It'd be hard to find the exact code.

I believe that would be in the Topic Title settings in "Topics, Posts & Polls."

check the following files:

Boards.php
Topics.php
functions.php

or the corresponding ad_wildcardfunkytexthere.php

Forgive me for straying from the topic, but why on earth would you want to do such a thing?

Can't say.... yet :p

But dont worry, I Wont Be Turning Loads Of Paragraphs Into First Letter Capitals A Bit Like This - I Know How Annoying That Would Be To The Educated Type :p.

PHP:
<?php
function title_case($string)
{
return ucwords(strtolower($string));
}
?>

Something like that would do it.

T.M. said:
Can't say.... yet :p

But dont worry, I Wont Be Turning Loads Of Paragraphs Into First Letter Capitals A Bit Like This - I Know How Annoying That Would Be To The Educated Type :p.

Please don't do it in my forum for support requests, it will make my eyes hurt and then I'll cry.

Please don't do it here on FWS cuz I'm here more than my own forum and it will make my eyes hurt and I will cry.

Is That Ok With You Though?

We've learned three different ways now, I think that's enough. Hmm, I think I'll take that CSS one for those just usinf FF/IE. (NN / OP users can't see it.)

thanks everybody, especially Tree and link92 - i used the ucwords() php function.

And dont worry hottweelz, This Will Be The Last Time I Use All Capitals In A Normal Sentance :)

T.M. said:
thanks everybody, especially Tree and link92 - i used the ucwords() php function.

And dont worry hottweelz, This Will Be The Last Time I Use All Capitals In A Normal Sentance :)

I believe it should be sentence.

you can do that with visual basics. i forget what the code is exactly. i can look it up in one of my texts if you want. it has to do with defining the string a certain way i believe.

Back