• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Low costs recommendation

If they were so good they would of jumped ship when all the other reputable hosts left VDI. the biggest client left at vdi is hostrocket.com i think.

VDI is fast. What are you talking about? Other hosts screwed up when they moved... VDI is the fastest out there period. Do you even use below10? I do, they are by far the fastest host I have used out of 12, terabyte being one of the ones I left.

My host was with VDI ... before and after the oc-12 line was put in by level3 ... my host is now located at nac.net and they have been miles faster and more reliable than when they were at VDI. VDI cant even tell there clients the truth, that makes them a bad noc to be located in.

That is no longer the case.
Maybe Below10 is hosted with Alabanza... but they are miles faster than twelve other hosts I used, Terabyte being one of them.

We arent saying that tera-byte wasnt slow. They are now lightening fast. FTP is like ftping into localhost on ur machine its fast!.

below10host.com the site its self is hosted on alabanza but new clients goto VDI and that is a big no-no ... I've watched William the owner of vdi lie to customers on various forums.

I signed up when they switched to VDI and so do hundreds of other people and not once did I see any complaints here or anywhere else. Below10 is very fast. It is just the fact I trust VDI and Below10host more than any other.

That is bull!
I have been using Below10 and anyone here would recommend you them... why are you disagreeing with everything I say? You and I know Below10host is the fastest out there.

Pardon?

I don't think they are and nor do i think tera-byte are the fastest out there. i hate to say it but i get better response times from sites hosted by cihost than both of them. RackSpace.com are best for uptime and connection speeds they are just really exspensive compared to other noc's.

Why should i agree with you on something i dont see as the truth?

Originally posted by Technics
If they were so good they would of jumped ship when all the other reputable hosts left VDI. the biggest client left at vdi is hostrocket.com i think.

No, they are not the biggest. As a matter of fact, if you included the free side, we were larger than any of their top 4 combined at any time since we decided to go there. I even told Steve Keyser I was fast catching up to him :)

VDI has actually sped up quite a bit. When others were leaving, we took the advantage and moved a few servers there. There were problems at first, but things are better now than when those same servers were at OLM....who by the way are praised so much. Yeah, by virtual users, not server owners. I wont even bother going down THAT path.

However, VDI recently raised their bandwidth price, which doesnt affect us, but the fact they try to claim our bandwidth is double what I know it to be, that is starting to cause probs. We havent paid the double bandwidth since they started saying this, but if they continue it, we may leave....but, there will be problems of some sort no matter what NOC you go with..that's life.

How many servers did you have webdude? i think jaguar had 4, site5 had some there and VO.
Originally posted by Webdude

No, they are not the biggest. As a matter of fact, if you included the free side, we were larger than any of their top 4 combined at any time since we decided to go there. I even told Steve Keyser I was fast catching up to him :)

VDI has actually sped up quite a bit. When others were leaving, we took the advantage and moved a few servers there. There were problems at first, but things are better now than when those same servers were at OLM....who by the way are praised so much. Yeah, by virtual users, not server owners. I wont even bother going down THAT path.

However, VDI recently raised their bandwidth price, which doesnt affect us, but the fact they try to claim our bandwidth is double what I know it to be, that is starting to cause probs. We havent paid the double bandwidth since they started saying this, but if they continue it, we may leave....but, there will be problems of some sort no matter what NOC you go with..that's life.

I like below 10 a lot better than tera-byte. I had tera-byte for almost a year and it was as slow as sin and down more than it should have been. I have to say both companies have excellent costumer support. Below10 has bad spelling and grammer. It's ok with me but it doesn't look very professional for a visitor to see. Spell check will help. As for the grammer, get someone to proof read your site. Sorry Below10, I have to be fair.

Last edited:
Client wise, we are the largest there(with free included), though not in the amount of machines located at VDI. We have I think 3 there, 3 still in use at OLM, and about to have some more at Pier1....in specific, our reseller program will be on servers we are putting at Pier1. Ok, so I guess we're happy with VDI for now, but not so much that we will put additional machines there considering where it looks like things are headed there. You could say we learned the hard way not to put all your eggs(servers) in one basket(noc).

Your catching tera-byte?? damn you got one big ass client base then webdude. Steve said they had 1.2 million clients including free ones which is around 350,000??? give or take a few thousand :).

lol Technics! also hows your reselling coming? i thought you were going to resell for kdaws?
Your catching tera-byte?? damn you got one big ass client base then webdude. Steve said they had 1.2 million clients including free ones which is around 350,000??? give or take a few thousand :).

Not started yet :).

I'm doing all the planning and learning the server inside out so when i get a support question i'll be able to answer it with detail rather than stare at it and wait for karl or dean to come on yahoo so i can ambush them for answers :).

It's like grolsch the beer you can't rush these things :).

lol, yes i understand, best of luck with your endavours, also you still go on hosthideout? its been declining in population lately.
Not started yet :).

I'm doing all the planning and learning the server inside out so when i get a support question i'll be able to answer it with detail rather than stare at it and wait for karl or dean to come on yahoo so i can ambush them for answers :).

It's like grolsch the beer you can't rush these things :).

Back