• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Loud and Proud, Snake-Inc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[In response to Webdude's extremely derogatory, suddenly-retracted post] :rolleyes:

Well shucks, I just went and updated my adobe reader to have a good look at that doc you posted, and now *POOF* it's gone! Put that back at least, b/c one of us is misinformed and I wanna know who it is. It's the least you can do after that sucker-punch post that used to be here AND the implication from the other thread that I'm heading some kind of evil verohost lynchmob. (for the record, this is my ONLY account at FWS and I sure as hell did not waste my time hunting down a verohost 'abuser' and posting about it here to make Robert look bad- he does that just fine without any help from me)

As for the rest of your used-to-be post, specifically the part about your high-end hardware and connections and how snake couldn't possibly have the same caliber stuff based on the prices they offer, I daresay you're correct (can't recall really but I'll concede for argument's sake). In my case, a screaming server just wasn't a big priority b/c my site's not very CPU-intensive, nor popular for that matter, so why on earth would I want to pay 5 times as much (figured from a comparable plan of yours) for something I don't need?

My point, from the beginning and now, is simply that consumers need to ask all this stuff up front so that they can make an informed decision best suited to their needs. I repeat, Ahem...

*grabs megaphone*

MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION BEST SUITED TO YOUR NEEDS!!! IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!! WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WILL HURT YOU, PEOPLE!!!

*drops megaphone*

If you don't believe me, just look at that thread I'm being blamed for- because verohost has an OC clause, Robert was well within his rights to terminate that account without notice, even though technically nothing illegal happened on it. That's why I don't like OC clauses, (and it's no secret I don't care for Robert much either) but it's a host's right to use them so Caveat Emptor! Otherwise you might get hosed like 'almost-warez-boy' over there; your site'll be gone, you'll have no legal recourse, and it'll be nobody's fault but your own for not knowing your host's policies.

EDIT: Great, they deleted the other thread. I hope you get my drift anyway.

And I just remembered another thing you asked about Webdude; "how did all these other snake people get here?" or something like that. No, it wasn't because they're looking for other hosts, and no, it wasn't because snake or any other staff told em to back me up. They knew about it because, right after I originally posted here, I also posted the link to this thread in our forum in case anyone wanted to add anything, and evidently the response they saw I got here for my trouble and unfounded dismissal of snake's services kinda ticked em off... :cool2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Phairest
you'll have no legal recourse
Robert did post his address for his custumer's lawyer to contact him at, didnt he?

Originally posted by Phairest
and it'll be nobody's fault but your own for not knowing your host's policies.
Exactly,
Its your responsability to read your host's policies.
Nobody's gonna read it for you except you.

Robert did post his address for his custumer's lawyer to contact him at, didnt he?

Yeah, but having the ability to file a lawsuit is not my definition of legal recourse; any yahoo can file a lawsuit. What I meant by legal recourse is having grounds to file a legitimate lawsuit; one that you might actually win, not just something that's gonna get thrown out at the first hearing. Hence I said that guy had no legal recourse b/c Robert acted well within the self-reserved rights of vero's OC clause, and no judge in the world is gonna rule against that in favor of a 'But I didn't know!' argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back