• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for cheap deticated server

Decker said:
It was a gag - think about what you would get for $40, it would be as described above :classic2: Wasn't in relation to any particular provider :)

ooh, I thought you were serious. lol

I'd like to start a small datacenter in the back of my computer store oneday. buy up a bunch of amd 500's or something and rent those out for $40 a month. they run pretty good. I have one, and it's bus speed is only 33mhz lower then my athlon xp 2000. might be a good investment.

You do realise that DC's have to have everything from blast walls, backup generators & halon extinguishing systems??

And that's not including data integrity, connectivity, security provision..............I could go on

Don't even think about it unless you have millions up front - it's what I do and it's not easy.

Decker said:
You do realise that DC's have to have everything from blast walls, backup generators & halon extinguishing systems??

And that's not including data integrity, connectivity, security provision..............I could go on

Don't even think about it unless you have millions up front - it's what I do and it's not easy.

yeah, but still. rackshack started out in their basement. I wonder how damp that was :-S in the back of a computer shop would be a good start. get some big ups's cheap, a camera or 2.. I know someone who has one of those extinguishing systems they're not using, and the power hardly ever goes out, so maybe a generator and a big power conditioner. maybe $500 in parts plus a few servers and $100 a month for dsl

Back