• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a question and answer script !

blueonline

i am planning to build a community where ppl can ask health related question specially for homoeopathy..

i am confused wot shall i use for it..
is there any free question and answer script that can serve my purpose .. have seen some Q & A script but they are very basic for a community site//

IF NONE THEN HAVE TO SETTLE ON PHPBB :idea:

I don't know if you have a website yet or not, but you could always use xoops to power your website and then install the "smartfaq" module for your questions & answers section. The smartfaq module allows members to submit new questions and answers to the faq if configured in modules' preferences.

And as far as xoops goes, you can go nutts with it and create one hell of a community memberbased site. Has tons of cool modules and is free to use. It is an awesome cms!

Last edited:
You could try asking Inferno Technologies if they have a quiz script availible. (I know Zero Tolerance was doing one for vBulletin.) But I'm sure he'll require you to pay for it. In this case, I think that it's best to get your phpBB (or other forum software) such a modification anyway (Since you are planning on making a community.)

Keep in mind Community only sites are frowned upon here.

phpBB doesn't come with an answer script by default (just a poll system.) You can get modifications for it at the phpbb.com site itself, or phpbbhacks.com (The latter has many more modifications.)

so, it's like a forum then... try mybb and edit the user group permission so only you can answer to a specific forum(q&a forum)

i hope that's what you mean...

i dont want to be the sole only to answer i may be calling some experts and even the registered user can also comment if he knows in that field.

Back