• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a Partnership or just some more help!

Hey, I am trying to start a free web hosting site (hostod.com). I have already paid for the server (I mean server, we're not on some crappy reseller account) and domain. The thing is I'm not very tech minded so I'm having trouble.

If you want to be part of this website then I could really use you. I have already found several people that are helping in there own way, but I need some more help.

Things I could really use help with
1) Server managing (someone to watch things from root downward)
2) DirectAdmin managing (someone to keep our DirectAdmin error free)
3) Site Admin/s (someone to setup and keep our site running)
Now I do have php-nuke installed but just about 10 minutes ago I started seeing an error
4) Forum Mods (someone to keep spam out of our forums)

Also I don't need the entire server so if anyone wants to buy a reseller account then I'd sell it to them for just a tinny bit over what it cost me (per GB). These accounts will not be limited like most other hosts would do. I mean to say you can use them as if it was your own server as long as it doesn't affect the other people on the server (ie no game servers). Things like downloads, etc would be fine. In fact you could use the space for file storing for all I care.

Please email me or post here if you can help.

I sent you an email punkfan91.

We really need someone that knows how to run a server or build and maintain a website. If you can do either one of those and would use that skill on hostod.com then your perfect. WE NEED YOU!

Replied.

If you want part of the server for your own use then I've come up with a new package.

Reseller Account
5GB Space (overselling enabled)
100GB Bandwidth (overselling enabled)
At least 128MB of RAM (each)
Access to 512MB of ram

$14.95 a month
Buy as many as you like and add them togather

Your resources will be reserved a head of time and we will not oversell/resell it. You can think of It as almost your own server. In fact for an extra $2 a month I can get you a dedicated IP.

This deal is not for profit, I am infact just trying to sell off some of hostod's quad xeon server. It's way to much for what hostod needs right now

email me at hostod@gmail.com

Last edited:
May be interested, just to keep my hand in as it were. I do have some free time I can dedicate and as a previous host before health kicked it into touch.
Used to server management and well all aspects of hosting. For a small reseller (simply for the extra abilities a reseller is better) for a vB board (yep a real paid for one) and maybe a small site.
Forum mod and some site debugging (have some php skill - but I ain't a guru) not a prob.
If your interested drop me a note or just post and I'll get back to you.
Regards
Rickie

pms sent

I'm getting a lot of general help emails/pms like "I'll help with your site". Thank you for showing your support, but I need to know how you want to help. I'm not being picky so if you ask for a position and it's not filled (many times there are several spots per position) then I’ll give you a chance.

Now we still need help so please don’t stop offering.

Like i said i can help the back end of you're company keeping the server running checking server load solving problems with the server. I can also help keep you're site running i can code HTML and PHP. I can basicly help as a technical support guy for you?

-Trev

You and Decker are the only ones to show interest in working on the “back end” of hostod.com. Now I’m more then happy for the help but I don’t know if it’s a good idea to have two server admins. Hmm… is there anyway to spit the jobs? Can you guys work together? I mean, I don’t want to make you fight over the position because if anyone should be fighting it’s me to keep you guys onboard.

Now I just got up so if this sounds a little funny then I’m sorry.

Two server admins is better than one if Decker doesnt mind id be more than willing to work withhim. As i belive we are two different time zones, giving you round the clock support from at least on of us. And like the saying goes two heads is better than one.

Also Deckers VB lissence would make the site much more professional than PHP-nuke or some other CMS. Creating a professional looking site ran by well educated people will be the key to success.

If Decker doesnt mind i think two server admins would be a very good idea, especialy if we could work to gether on this. If not we could always split the job's up but its up to you and decker!

Last edited:
I am still willing to help if you like, I just replied to your email ;)
Anyway, I have had a lot of experience with PHP, HTML, CSS, etc and would be willing to put those talents to use for your site.
I could also help with forum moderation/administration or anything else you need. Just let me know ;)

Not a prob, Ive always been a 'team' worker. I can work with most people (watch out for the language though ;p).
Who knows when someone will get hit by a sudden illness, as I found out personally, so more than one is always a better idea even holidays can pose probs.
I'd say if it's a busy host 4 'back-end' admins is a good count, and across time-zones is even better.
First thing is get a table set up to make everyone note what has been done though, simple spreadsheet is enough but needs to be shared to the folks needing it. That way there 'should' be no what the hell moments.

PS Trev if your in UK - Edinburgh is in Scotland so not a different time zone LOL although I might be ;/

With such a trust comes a fair bit of trust so if anyone knows anyone your considering ask the board for some feedback, it's not 100% but may help you sleep easier.

PM being sent as I speak, please feel free to forward to Trev.

Ok, your both be sent yournames and passwords to just about everything in a couple hours.

As for the website, I don't really care as long as we get something up soon. If one of you two want to build something then feel free to go ahead (You'll have all the password and accounts needed). If not then a I have couple other people that said they would help.

I have to say WOW! I can't believe the number of people that want to be involded. Thank you for all the emails and pms. If you want to spot then we'll fined a place for you.

LOL - I've got loads of options. What look & feel do you like?

Not got the PM or mail yet :D

Wooo, yeh and i have a website you can use, check out the one at www.sr71hosting.com you can have that for you're site just needs a few adjustments to fit in, and using deckers VB it should be pritty cool.

Back