• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a good UBB-like message board

I agree...nothing even comes close to vbulletin...

Everytime I use this board and play with its features, Im amazed at the fact that everything works...this is definately the best board if you have the PHP/MySQL combination...

I myself use vBulletin, it's much better than some other boards I've tried. Never tried Ikonboard or UBB though. But vB rocks! So easy to set up! Can't believe I didn't need to chmod stuff!

IKONBAORD IS GOOD!

I have used every board that has been out there well the popular ones at least. I really do recommend Ikonboard. It's faster, it's free, if you ask for something to be added they will do their best to add it, the community for it is awesome their really nice ... I have been a part of it since 1.01 of IB came out. The delvoper MATT and the IB Team are great and quick with bug fixes.

Another one I would recommend if you have php and mySQL is VBulletin. It's a good board and cheaper then UBB. But I would only use it if you have the cash and the resources for it. YaBB has a major security bug a big one from what I heard otherwise i would recommend it.

But I use Ikonboard on my site and it's doing just great!

Back