• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lol!

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

as far as i know ...

Cogent ISP 100Mbit links will be going up to $6,500 per month

Cogent ISP 1000Mbit links will be going up to $65,500 per month **

i believe the personal / business lines will also be going up to

$3,000 for 100mbit per month
$30,000 for 1000mbit per month **

** might be abit lower

compare :

100mbit links :

Verio - $10k a month
MFN - $12k a month
Yipes - $15k a month
InterNAP - $25k a month
Sprint - $40k a month
UUNET - $35k a month
Level3 - $20k a month
Williams - $8k a month
AOL TW - $30k a month

1000mbit links :

Verio - $85k a month
MFN - $115k a month
Yipes - $130k a month
InterNAP - $225k a month
Sprint - $350k a month
UUNET - $325k a month
Level3 - $150k a month
Williams - $50k a month
AOL TW - $250k a month

Those prices are not too accurate.

Verio and TW Telecom are a lot cheaper than that when you commit to Gig-e lines. I also find it hard to believe that an internap 100mbps pipe is cheaper than a TW telecom pipe.

Where did you get a hold of those prices anyways? I'm guessing you contacted a sales rep and you signed an NDA? That's the only way if you want accurate up-to-date quotes...

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lol!

Originally posted by jonnyt

Those prices are not too accurate.

Verio and TW Telecom are a lot cheaper than that when you commit to Gig-e lines. I also find it hard to believe that an internap 100mbps pipe is cheaper than a TW telecom pipe.

Where did you get a hold of those prices anyways? I'm guessing you contacted a sales rep and you signed an NDA? That's the only way if you want accurate up-to-date quotes...

InterNAP prices varies ... i was quoted all these prices before the MCI/Worldcom crash ... i will get an up to date quote next time i speak to the reps about one thing or anyone :D

If cogent does do the price rise's there won't be that big a difference between them and some higher quality providers.... It'll be fun to see what all the 99$ cogent only server providers do about it all.

Originally posted by 9cy
If cogent does do the price rise's there won't be that big a difference between them and some higher quality providers.... It'll be fun to see what all the 99$ cogent only server providers do about it all.

If they jack the price, and still have the same crappy network, there will be a big difference between them and higher quality provider. To me, right now, it seems like they are not making enough money. So, if they charge more, they might be able to break even. But, they still have the crappy network. If they upgrade it'll cost them more money, and they will continue to be in the hole. Soo...

1) Jack price, keep network and break even.
2) Jack price, upgrade network (costs money) and won't break even.

Either way, they will still be a low level provider to me. Time will tell how long cogent can stay up.

I really don't think it will affect them all that much when you really think of it. Most people don't use the full allocated amout of bandwidth, so they will continue to resell the unused bandwidth. If the customer does use the full amout of transfer sold, I think it would also be funny to watch all the prices rise (SP -> Host -> Customer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back