• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

linking facebook business "fan" pages to stuff

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I have several people on my facebook, and most use a fanpage or business page. They write blogs, or articles, and have it show up on their business pages, with no linking back to their personal page.

I have tried to do this, but the only way I get to make it happen, is by doing it to my personal page, and sharing it from the business one.

Anyone know how I can do it strictly from the business page?

Also, 2 different accounts have more than 1 fan page btw.

I think thats pretty hard to split up your personal and your business site as the business proberbly doesn't have anything interesting to offer ;)

I think thats pretty hard to split up your personal and your business site as the business proberbly doesn't have anything interesting to offer ;)

That has nothing at all to do with what I asked.

I see business pages that have links to blog articles that they create, website links, etc. None of it is a "share" thing..where they post it on their personal page, and share it from their business page. It is all posted from the business page.

Plus, I see business pages where some have the "like" button, and others have the "add friend" button.

Trying to figure out how they do it.

If they are using the "Add Friend" button / link, they are not using facebook pages. They made a specific facebook account, and are using that for their business.

Did you use: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php ?

If so, you should be able to post status updates from within the business page itself along with other things ... and operate it as an independent "profile" even when logged in to your main account

Here's a quick guide from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/17/internet-marketing-twitter-technology-facebook.html

Yes, I can post status updates, etc from the page itself. However, I see other "business" fan pages that write blog articles like every other day, when they publish the post, it gets put on their "business" fan page directly. No "sharing" from a personal page, etc.

I am just not sure how they are doing it. They are not the only ones that I see doing it either. I see other "business fan" pages do it all the time.

I have looked into settings, etc and can't find any solution.

I have a blog, forum, etc that I would like to post certain things to my fan pages, but without posting them to my personal page and then "sharing" them to my business profile.

If they are using the "Add Friend" button / link, they are not using facebook pages. They made a specific facebook account, and are using that for their business.

Well, that would be fine with me, and I would do that, but how do they use a business name on a personal page and have it show as a business name?

I have tried that, and I always get errors that the automated system has refused my name changes.

fan page/ business page

your fan page url should be different from your personal page's url...try putting in your fan page url and see if that works

your fan page url should be different from your personal page's url...try putting in your fan page url and see if that works

It doesn't work like that.

When you are linking things to your facebook account, it asks for your email and password to your facebook page. Which is real easy, but it is for the personal page and never for the business "fan" page.

I am just baffled by it, as I ask people on Facebook periodically and no one ever replies.

On Facebook you should be able to login to your page, where you're able to share things with fans. Click on the small arrow to the right hand side, just next to the home button. Once you click on that you should see "Use Facebook as:" and you'd then click on your page.

I got that fact, but how are they able to use their business name? If I try and edit my name, it doesn't allow me to.

I see a lot of them with "Add friend" instead of the "like".

[JSH]John;1167704 said:
On Facebook you should be able to login to your page, where you're able to share things with fans. Click on the small arrow to the right hand side, just next to the home button. Once you click on that you should see "Use Facebook as:" and you'd then click on your page.

You can. However, that isnt what I am referring to. I am referring to when you use certain apps, and it says to link your facebook account. Only option it ever lets you choose is your personal facebook account. I would like to choose my fan pages aka business pages instead.

Ahhh I think I know what you mean now. This isn't really possible since when you use apps it will always use your account name, not page name. I have seen some businesses that appear to be confusing accounts with pages and instead of asking their fans to like the page, they ask them to add as a friend. This is the wrong way to do it and what they're doing is creating a new account in the name of their business. In fact I think this is against Facebook's rules as you can report accounts that aren't real people (eg businesses that should be using pages).

[JSH]John;1168957 said:
Ahhh I think I know what you mean now. This isn't really possible since when you use apps it will always use your account name, not page name. I have seen some businesses that appear to be confusing accounts with pages and instead of asking their fans to like the page, they ask them to add as a friend. This is the wrong way to do it and what they're doing is creating a new account in the name of their business. In fact I think this is against Facebook's rules as you can report accounts that aren't real people (eg businesses that should be using pages).

Well, I do believe some do create an account in the business name. However, I know when I try and do that, Facebook doesn't allow it. The system rejects it.

I am not really focused on having the "add friend" button. I just trying to see if there is some way to choose using your fan page, when trying to link facebook to certain stuff you do online.

Like forums for instance. With facebook connect, you can connect your facbook to the forum your on, but you can only select your personal account and not your fan page.

Back