• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Let's count the dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

siliconbits

HomeStead
Bigstep
Bizland
Freemerchant [merchant]
Excitemerchant [merchant]
Hobbitton not responding
F2s Delete frenzy.

OOOOhHHH my goddness.

Is zis the end of free????

*CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Hobbiton.org worked yesterday, so if they´re down
it´s probably only temporary. And I have not noticed
anything going on at F2S.com (I have my website there),
so it might be something minor/temporary too!

In any case, nothin´s gonna be any better by running around
in small circles and screaming... (hm, actually I havn´t tried,
I think I´ll test that tomorrow :D )

The end of the free? It was already beginning: most free webspace providers began to quit services: you get less bandw., less space, less features, but more ads. It's just that the ads are not enough to run a free service...

What's next? Is Crosswinds going to limit webspace to 50 mb, bandwidth to 2 gb monthly, and file sizes to 200 kb for their free accounts!?

Reagan sucks...

Terrashare
EVERY STUPID Excelland user
Red Rival
That Tiger One
Xoom went to Nbci and now that looks bad
v3space

That's all I can think of.

go.com
They had unlimited space and were still hosting pages from the days of infoseek, wbs and bigsun. Several pages vanished when they decided to get out of the webspace business.

V3space uses almost the same excuse as F2S:

Thank you for your interest in V3space.com! We are currently updating our membership database and will be accepting new members shortly. Thank you for your patience, please try again soon.

Welcome to the Freedom To Surf signup page!
Sorry - Our free webservers are currently full.
Additional capacity has beeen installed but we are awaiting
for some Frontpage issues to be fully resolved before
accepting new members. We expect this to take no more than
a few days.

'Soon' - 'a few days'...
it's on there pages for almost a month now :(

Bigperm, Reagan made the economy the way it is... the strength of it is completely his doings. And you wouldn't be typing on these computers if it weren't for captialism.

It's all the americans' fault... :) :D

Their economy is going down --> internet advertising goes down --> no more good free web hosts... :) :) :D

This downfall is because of the Clinton era, I can tell you that... however, the economy is quite solid, and it will take a hell of a lot more to do any minor damage to it.

Sign up for a free webhost that is also offering paid plans so you know they generate money.

Hey if it wasn't for the US you wouldn't have the internet or computers... the Internet was developed by the American Military Industrial Complex.

That's NOT all

Try to create pages on a couple of free sites.
Seems there's an epidemy, especially on banner free.
Brinskter is often down, so is hobbiton, phiji and some french as well.....
I've managed to get dencity though

if it wasn't for the Europeans you wouldn't have US.
Science is evolving, americans did not came up with computers and internet from nothing. So with just 400 years of history I would suggest to calm down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back