• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Laser Printer?

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
I was just wondering, would it be a good idea to get a laser printer? I do not print much, and I really hate somewhat wet pieces of paper. I only print black and white.

If you think I should, what laser printer should I get? (Has to obviously work perfectly with linux) Please, nothing over 150 -_- and keep the price of toners for replacement below 50 (No, I cannot refill my own, I would have to take it to a store to refill it. I have very shaky hands.)

I have to be able to buy it in-store.

No fry's, can't go to costco or sam's club (not a member, need to pay to get in or something.)

Wal-Mart, ShopKo, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. I have available.

It would be nice to be able to have it wireless/ethernet.

I have and know lots of people with samsung printers and they are great, usually print more pages than advertised. Take a look on their website, I got their very basic laser for $99 on special a few years back...

I have and know lots of people with samsung printers and they are great, usually print more pages than advertised. Take a look on their website, I got their very basic laser for $99 on special a few years back...

Got the same one. I think it's something like 3000 pages per toner cartridge. Not exactly a quiet printer, but I just shut it off when not in use.

yeah, it's about 3000, although I usually manage to squeeze around 3500-4000 pages per toner...

As for the noise, it's hooked up to my win 2008 server in the basement so it isn't an issue for me

I have the Samsung CLX-3175FN (color multifunction laser) and it is great. The toners easily get 500+pages more than rated. The toners are also the price of standard inkjet cartridges, about 39-43 on newegg.com. I get about 2,400 pages out of a black toner and it's only rated for 1,500.

Depending on the features you're looking for, here's a few monochrome suggestions from samsung:

Note: all prices are from Canadian stores

ML-2240 (seen @ 69.99 @ future shop) [this is the new model of the one I have]
ML-1640 (seen @ 82.99 @ CDW)
ML-2851 (seen @ 169.99 @ NCIX) [does duplex and is LAN enabled]

CLP-310 (seen @ 149.99 @ NCIX) [Color laser!]

All toners should be available @ staples (I worked there a few years back and we had them...)

Don't have future shop nor any of those others you mentioned except staples.

Staples offers a P1006 HP Printer for about 150 or whatever, but at Office Max, they have the same exact printer, for 100 USD. Go figure.

I think I might get the P1006. The ML-2240 is no longer available according to samsung's website.

Back