• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

L33t(previously deleted)

Originally posted by Cracker
Just because your service is free doesn't give you an excuse to do it half assed. If you can't offer any type of service to the best of your abilities, then you shouldn't offer it at all. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying you have to offer a free service.

The same argument could be said about us not holding a gun to your head saying "HOST YOUR SITE ON L33T"

Like we keep saying, we're not in this to make money, so to the same degree we're not in this to even get "customers", which is a pretty loose term since none of you guys pay us (better that way)

The amount of CPU and resources that a script can take up IS limited with Apache config directives, don't worry about that...

The line to the server is fast, the only limiting factor is the server it's self.

The server is not clogged with warez or anything, we make information as to what is on the server publicly viewable (main page, down near the bottom). We allow people to see who's serving what and how much they've served. So, me arguing further is feutile, since the evidence is right there.

Mr.Oreo
-l33t.ca code monkey

First of all, no one is "pointing a gun at their heads to offer their service", but we WANT them to! Who cares if it is slow? If you're not going to use it, is there any difference to you whether it is slow or nonexistent? Umm... no. Stop using idiotic anger relief comments.

And as to your sig, Giancarlo, Andrew Carnegie was a "robber baron" industrialist in the late 1800's who believed in social darwinism, exemplified in your quote. Social darwinism emphasized the poor being poor because they were "unfit" to be rich. Dont try to use that quote in ANY way shape or form to buttress your paper-thin argument.

Originally posted by laotching
And as to your sig, Giancarlo, Andrew Carnegie was a "robber baron" industrialist in the late 1800's who believed in social darwinism, exemplified in your quote. Social darwinism emphasized the poor being poor because they were "unfit" to be rich. Dont try to use that quote in ANY way shape or form to buttress your paper-thin argument.

He was the king of modern business. The way it should be runned...

Originally posted by Giancarlo

So a service is forbidden for people to sign up? You just contradicted yourself... do you want what little speed L33t offers and will ever offer all to yourself? Even then it will be bloody slow.

I would recommend an exclusive service where people must send in applications for the owners to review, like what stibs.cc is doing to prevent overloading scripts.
no I believe all their warez was caused by this board.

L33T have a file size limit if I am right so this automatically stops most warez. If not they do host loads of sites so that slows it down. The rest of the space warez? Not loads, maybe a little bit.

Originally posted by cheatpark
L33T have a file size limit if I am right so this automatically stops most warez. If not they do host loads of sites so that slows it down. The rest of the space warez? Not loads, maybe a little bit.

Having a file size limit does nothing to stop warez. There is something called splitting games up into three or four zip files that are under the limit. :rolleyes:

Most of the sites they host either are warez or have links to warez sites.

Having a file size limit does nothing to stop warez. There is something called splitting games up into three or four zip files that are under the limit. :rolleyes:
You're not wrong, but it does help to control the amt of warez if I'm not wrong.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
You're not wrong, but it does help to control the amt of warez if I'm not wrong.

Help minimally... what needs to be established is a very small filesize limit like 250k.

Server Crashed February 11, 2002 - DethPigeon
Server was down from Feb 9, 3:00pm EST to Feb 11, 3:00pm EST.

Right at the beginning of the weekend, the server crashed. I can only get to the server on weekdays, so that was the worst possible time it could have crashed. I call it l33t luck.
well, maybe he's home for the weekends and leaves his "server" at school.

i will wait

I know many of you don't, but I trust that l33t _will_ overcome the warez, and be a decent host. I just hope they can keep their servers a little more stable.

With a 50k file size limit I wouldn't be able to run a decent php script on their server like burning board.

Well then, you should pay... because you expect a free host to keep a forum up for you? L33t does it... for now.

Well then, you should pay... because you expect a free host to keep a forum up for you? L33t does it... for now.
I use a paid host anyway. I don't care what happens with all these free hosts to be honest but I do feel sorry for those who can't afford paid hosting. They should be at least offered a place where they can experiment with their works.

I use a paid host anyway. I don't care what happens with all these free hosts to be honest but I do feel sorry for those who can't afford paid hosting. They should be at least offered a place where they can experiment with their works.

I also feel sorry for those who can't pay. Some good sites people have might disappear in the future, but on the positive side many warez sites will disappear on impossible hosts (hosts that offer 100MB with FTP and no file size limit, etc) that disappear.

Back