• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

l33t.ca working fine... accepting new signups.

It seems down at the moment too :(

Ahh well I'm not going to worry about it - 3:20am at the moment, so I'm going to bed.

Re: Re: Speed

Originally posted by trenzterra
its only 2 seconds difference for me.

Maybe you caught it in low traffic or something. Try again, what figures do they give you?

They have bandwidth limits now.

In a nutshell, you only get 400MB of free data transfer per month. More info here.

On the subject of bandwidth my host says I get unlimited bandwidth but I know this is not possible. Why do they say this? Plus they offer unlimited space too.

Originally posted by cheatpark
On the subject of bandwidth my host says I get unlimited bandwidth but I know this is not possible. Why do they say this? Plus they offer unlimited space too.

Because they are liers, or they have no automated way of measuring bandwidth use.

Is it in the terms and conditions though. 'Unreasonable demands' or 'effecting other customers' kind of thing.

Probably is unfortunately.

Well, unlimited space can exist under the certain conditions:

1. The host still has enough money to service many people while they are following the AUP/T&C.

2. They are well staffed.

3. They know where to get good parts cheap and quickly. I doubt a user using up 100 GB of space is doing anything legal. By then he should have moved to a dedicated server anyway.

I'm sure they must have something in the AUP saying you cannot upload a 35.4 GB WAV file to their server.

There was actually some software causing problems in l33t.ca, which made them slow. Now they are having 2600 members are they are faster than ever.

See what i got on testing.

l33t.ca -

33.6K Modem: 16-27K
56K Modem: 34-45K
ISDN/I-DSL: 100-120K
Your throughput: 25 K
Cable/ADSL: 229-950K
T1: 1078-1300K
Kbps:

tripod :-

33.6K Modem: 16-27K
56K Modem: 34-45K
ISDN/I-DSL: 100-120K
Your throughput: 23 K
Cable/ADSL: 229-950K
T1: 1078-1300K
Kbps:

See they are pretty fast that ever before. This all problems were due to a software they were running.

in the morning today there were too fast. Now also they are fast.

l33t.ca -- 25k for me
tripod -- 23k

So

"Unlimited" doesn't exist, but technically, host could give us the impression that something they offer really is "unlimited".

Or, just go by my saying..... "use as much as you can". Nothing "unlimited" or "unmetered" mentioned. :D

Originally posted by LeX
"Unlimited" doesn't exist, but technically, host could give us the impression that something they offer really is "unlimited".

Or, just go by my saying..... "use as much as you can". Nothing "unlimited" or "unmetered" mentioned. :D

It is all a sales catch. Unlimited as long as you don´t go pass the amount said in the TOS.

They will last long, this was only testing, they said they aren't going to be reliable until JANURAY. In mid january they will become a reliable host, currently you must not pay for the bandwith.
In January you must pay for the bandwith if it exceeds 400 mb.

Originally posted by important
They will last long, this was only testing, they said they aren't going to be reliable until JANURAY. In mid january they will become a reliable host, currently you must not pay for the bandwith.
In January you must pay for the bandwith if it exceeds 400 mb.

Yeah sure, many hosts say they will become reliable. We will just have to wait and see.

Back