• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

l33t.ca and F2S successors...

STRELOK

I have heard of http://www.l33t.ca but don't know how are they

Heard they offer unl. space with PHP MySQL etc
they do not accept new applications until dec. 15 and now (dec 7) their site is not working

Thanx for help

p.s. What is The BEST alternative to F2S , maybe hosting my own server through dns2go.com or noip.com????

Originally posted by STRELOK
I have heard of http://www.l33t.ca but don't know how are they

Heard they offer unl. space with PHP MySQL etc
they do not accept new applications until dec. 15 and now (dec 7) their site is not working

Thanx for help

p.s. What is The BEST alternative to F2S , maybe hosting my own server through dns2go.com or noip.com????

if you want no ads, php, mysql, + lots of space, then host urself.

BTW--there is no such thing as UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: l33t.ca and F2S successors...

Originally posted by Cyber

if you want no ads, php, mysql, + lots of space, then host urself.

Yeah, well until we can all get our own free high speed internet connections, that's way too extreme for the common personal webmaster who builds his site for fun and not for generating revenue. I'd rather have ads and no server side scripting (like I know any of that crap anyway).

BTW--there is no such thing as UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is true, but there is such a thing as the "law of averages," which states that most webmasters who use free webspace providers won't use very much bandwidth, and since the free hosts usually have large member bases, the cost:user ratio is usually small, so they can get away with claiming "unlimited" bandwidth and not watching how much each user is paying since the minority of users who actually do use gigs of bandwidth will be more than offset by the majority who use small amounts of bandwidth. That's how hosts like 9CY and T35 offer "unlimited" ("unlimited" meaning "unmonitored") bandwidth.

Re: Re: Re: l33t.ca and F2S successors...

Originally posted by Cracker

Yes, that is true, but there is such a thing as the "law of averages," which states that most webmasters who use free webspace providers won't use very much bandwidth, and since the free hosts usually have large member bases, the cost:user ratio is usually small, so they can get away with claiming "unlimited" bandwidth and not watching how much each user is paying since the minority of users who actually do use gigs of bandwidth will be more than offset by the majority who use small amounts of bandwidth. That's how hosts like 9CY and T35 offer "unlimited" ("unlimited" meaning "unmonitored") bandwidth.
agreed. That's why 9cy said that he had a limit, but it was tons and tons of bandwidth. Anyway, no such alternative,STRELOK. Look at f2s, its gone now, because of their ad revenue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: l33t.ca and F2S successors...

Originally posted by trenzterra
agreed. That's why 9cy said that he had a limit, but it was tons and tons of bandwidth.

Yep, it's just the same way that their 100 mb webspace is considered "unlimited" space in my book. Of course 9cy has an aggregate bandwidth limit for all his users combined (not per individual), but he probably has more than all his members are using (since he claimed he paid for the access lines himself), so that doesn't bother him.

Last edited:
Back