• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

*.*.kg domains - a ton of questions... please help!

.com.kg domain name?

• it's a scam

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • it could work out, but don't count on it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's not a cool .com but it should be OK

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • this is great!

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

nic76

I found out today that one can register a .com.kg, .net.kg, ... domain name :). At least it looks like a domain name, and not a third level domain redirect where you depend one that third level provider. Or am i mistaken :confused: ? It uses seperate dns servers (i choose the mydomain.com ones), it has it's own whois, ... is there a difference between a .com.kg, a .kg or let's say a .com, except for the domain name? I searched in a metawhois but i couldn't find .kg or .com.kg. Is anyone using such a domain or a .kg domain? If so what is the reliabilty and speed? Do i understand it well that in order for the domain name to work only the dns needs to work, or does it need a .kg server? What are the chances this domain will keep working and it wil remain free? Any advice or response would be mostly apreciated.

I think a lot of people are willing to help you, after you read the posts in this forum. I think you will find every answer to this topic here.

.com.kg

a .com.kg is normal just like a .com but only this is for another country it works fine.and plus you own the domain .its registered in your name how do i know because i have one if you just registered it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to be registered but now thats when mydomain comes in, mydomain parks your domain for free until it has been registered so no-one else can register the name you have chosen.

from djs

I have a few of xxx.kg domains ... it usually takes me seconds to register it and for the DNS to propagate usually tkaes less them 24 hours. You can not registera .KG domain cause you need to actually pay for those domains ... but a .com.kg, .net.kg, and org.kg are free.

Like djs said it's a real domain just with the countries 2 letter extention on the end.

you can use it with any host as long as they don't have a problem with it which mostly all of them don't and shouldn't ... if you want to redirect like everyopne has said use mydomain.com.

Once you register the domain it's your for a year and for free ... if they will stay for free now one knows that ... it;s up to the NIC of the KG domains ... but only time will tell.

Back