• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just Wondering About " Im"

PitchBlack

Hello guys, i was just wondering if there was a way to make my own personal Instant Messanger for me and my friends. if there is anyway simple. ME no programmer :) so ANy ADVICE would be great . (im not trying to make a public im, just for 2 people. :) ). THANKS!

i thought it would be awsome if i could make my own 1. because it would be awsome:p and 2. because my friends parents keep putting a monitor thing on the yahoo IM:tired2: . (thats what im currently using) so any info would be wonderful!:) thanks everyone
!:p

Maybe if your parents did that then they have a good reason to do it. Most parents do things with a reason, it might seem like they are trying to control your life and stuff but it's for your own good. Trust me, I start realizing that after I started getting older. Now there's always an exception in every statement so just hope you're not the exception.

I actually tried that ajax im program, and it's awsome!

http://im.divinityhost.net/

Here if your too lazy to install one.
Just register and get your firends to as well!
It works just like all the IM programs expect not much to customize...

Last edited:
You could also use IRC like we did back in the day...

eh? back in the day???
IRC is stronger than ever!
:lol:
I mean with all the changes over the last even 5 years it has enabled more IRC servers cheaper!

irc is great, but it daunts a lot of people, especially if they are new to that kinda thing

Maybe if your parents did that then they have a good reason to do it. Most parents do things with a reason, it might seem like they are trying to control your life and stuff but it's for your own good. Trust me, I start realizing that after I started getting older. Now there's always an exception in every statement so just hope you're not the exception.

PitchBlack - people post warnings for others good, don't dismiss it so lightly as you'd like to be 'cool'.
I get it in the neck sometimes for the same comment - if your trying to get round your parents stop it, they do what, limit your time, install a firewall and block, all for good reason, they care.
Don't let a drive with your last chat end up on one of my desks.

I hate all these can anyone let me get past all the security put in place for my own protection posts.

yeah, but then you get things like my colege which are just un reasonable, they bann any media streaming, direct connections, access to https access to ips, maximum of 20mb download, most forums and any social networking sites ( yes this means myspace/bebo/youtube) but worst of all, no IMs and i mean none,

Back