• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just Wondering About " Im"

Why is that unreasonable, do you pay them ISP rates personally for personal access, nope.
They (as in someone else) pay through the nose for their networks and admins, the admins would be less if there was less tampering, so a vicious circle.
If a student requires access it's normal to submit a request to access specific content types, and get it if it's part of the work done within the college or uni.

listen with the amount college fees cost i am DEFINITELY paying isp rates. On top of that, it is not like the college is short of bandwidth, they have 3 100 mbit pipes i think.

On top of that, I am 18, i do not appreciate having my presence (online and off) 24 hours a day, for god sake, Im not even under loco parentis anymore !

I would like to get an opinion on this, as to just whether i am the only one who thinks that when every third site i go to gets me a webmarshal message, they have gone a bit far

If your going to college are 'you' paying? Or (again no harm - if you work it then okay) is someone else?
3 x 100Mb pipes ain't to much for a college either.
Whether in the realms of your parents or not your under the realms of the authorities - so again no fair :(
But like it or not - some rules need to be followed for everyones safety and control.
You may be okay on usage but can you personally say all others are.

i dont pay tuition fees but i do pay extras, ( its expensive :( ) i can take your point about usage, it just irritates me that it so big brother.

As for the pipes its actually only for the college 1200 people

thats 100 tbs For 1200, when i would say only 800 use internet on a regular basis, you probably end up with quite enough bandwidth really, i mean, you would have to REALLY abuse the system to personally use over 100gb for just normal surfing ( discluding the fact that they infact run a massive p2p, because thats just inside the network)

Again not the point - they all have the same as you - about 1200 into 3x100 - 4Mb Any chance your downloads have dropped and your peeved ;p

Oh plus take into account the amount of research work done using the network legit due to funding, so a big project goes south as you missed an episode LOL.

AMC I'm not trying to take the piss just the dangers of handing tools (exe or php) to others as the start of the thread.

Or 26 years in the trade (before it was even a degree) and 3 degrees (without the singing) with various other bits added on.
Bit late on this one :D

Back