• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just got a reseller account

I have a client using too much bandwidth each month.
Daniel tried to remove my client, but I said to him that I don't want Yupapa Hosting to become a scam.

Then I said to him if he wants to remove it, I need some time to explain the situation to my client. They deleted some of my members before(1-2 months ago) but they didn't explain the problem briefly. So I had to made up some reasons.

And I hope, my account will not be removed tomorrow.

Does the account Donhost want to kick use more then their allotted bandwidth?

Why would they kick you tomorrow????? If it is this bad you ought to get together with other Donhost resellers and discuss the situation.

But have you used more bw than you are allowed? :eek: :confused2 :crysad: :nervous:

NO... one of my client uses about 10GB per month.
The total monthly data transfer donhost gives me is 50GB... and I know donhost is going to say they can't host this site on a shared server and the account has to be removed.

They can delete the account easily, but the problem is that I have to spend time on thinking of a reason to explain the problem to my client. I don't want them to delete my accounts because I don't want anyone says my hosting is a scam!

If your customer uses more than he pay for shouldn't he upgrade his account? But I don't see what Donhost have to do with it as long as YOU don't exceed your 50GIG. I get the impression that their plan let you decide how to divide it between users. :confused: :confused: :devious2:

Hello Yupapa,

I feel bad for you. We were going to use Donhost, but decided against it because of the problems. Hopefully you can move out of Donhost, and get a dedicated server somewhere.

I don't see there problem though. You are using 15gig a month of transfer and you have 50gig on the account, why would the be deleting users?. It is actually beneficial if they have clients because then their making a profit.

I am also wondering if anyone actually bothers about reading the TOS anymore?.

Robert

Yupapa, you are acting as if this is news to you when in fact many people have been trying to warn you about donhost for months! If you have any respect for your customers I would take your clients elsewhere, be it dedicated, or another more reliable reseller ( My suggestion from excellent experience would be VenturesOnline.com ). Im not trying to put you down I just don't want to see you end up like 9kd or tacidhost ( yeah people there is more to the tacid story I realise that ). Many people have have invested there hard earned dollars in your service and you should do your best to provide a decent service, other than the obviously over packed servers that donhost offer. I have heard nothing but bad about this company, and if you stay much longer you will be in the same boat as them. Don't let it happen to you, please!

BTW, what they mean by "You are not financially interesting for us" is that they are using to many resources on the machines and donhost cant afford to host them any longer. Obviously because there reseller plan lacks proper structure.

:eek: Come on! Tacid and 9kd? Was Tacid even reselling Donhost? Maybe they were. They changed ever so often. Neither of them went down because of where they were hosted.

Originally posted by meow
:eek: Come on! Tacid and 9kd? Was Tacid even reselling Donhost? Maybe they were. They changed ever so often. Neither of them went down because of where they were hosted.

mistake, I think Tacid was with FastHost. However, 9kd was shut down because they were in the same situation as yupapa.

Originally posted by YUPAPA
<SNIP> They deleted some of my members before(1-2 months ago) but they didn't explain the problem briefly. So I had to made up some reasons.

And I hope, my account will not be removed tomorrow.

Yupapa, get a server at Rackshack, it is well worth it.

I just wanted to comment also on the

So I had to made up some reasons.

Word of advise , don't lie to your customers. If they find out the truth you could have problems.

Always be truthful with your customers.

If you "made up reasons" for that, what other things could you have "made up reasons" for.

Not saying you have, but your customers might think this.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Phrozen
He said he doesn't want to get a RaQ because they aren't secure.

Better than what he will be if Donhost shuts him down.

Why isn't the Raq secure? There are steps you can take to make it secure.

Originally posted by ljprevo
Better than what he will be if Donhost shuts him down
Sure is.
Why isn't the Raq secure?
He said his friend could hack one in 10 minutes.
There are steps you can take to make it secure.
I know that, I've told him that, but he still seems to be sticking to his story.

Back