• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

JS Hosts Problems!

admin@mercury [~]# host yhostco.co.uk
yhostco.co.uk has address 87.117.204.96
yhostco.co.uk mail is handled by 0 yhostco.co.uk.
admin@mercury [~]# host 87.117.204.96
96.204.117.87.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer rapid.jshosts.com.
admin@mercury [~]#

Hope that helps :)

Ok i have just run a test from websitepulse.com and even they can not get on it. So how are you lot viewing it.

URL tested: http://yhostco.co.uk
Test performed from: Seattle, WA
Test performed at: 2009-03-11 20:40:30 (GMT -04:00)
Resolved As: 87.117.204.96
Response Time: 0.531 sec
DNS: 0.531 sec
Connect: 0.000 sec
Redirect: 0.000 sec
First byte: 0.000 sec
Last byte: 0.000 sec
Size: 0 bytes

I can't. I can visit Yhelp.co.uk and yforum, but not yhostco.co.uk. Just-ping gives 100% packet loss.

I could view it last night, I cannot today though.

That can not be possible, mind you if your on VM for a ISP any things possible. :lol:

Any way to the point JS Host how long are my sites going to be down for its be about a day and a half now? :confused4

I've contacted cPanel support, they have found the reason that some sites work, and some just don't. Basically, cPanel doesn't support a chroot environment so the normal dns zones were updated, yet the others weren't.

This system is set to a chroot'd named, so zones are actually in /var/named/chroot instead of just /var/named/. Though the /var/named/ zones were updated, the /var/named/chroot zones were not.

Anyone that is still having issues, should see them resolved very soon. cPanel are changing named to a standard, supported configuration.

All I can do is appologise which I have done many times. This type of work doesn't ever need to be done again, so there will be no more downtime in the months to come.

Why did you change it any way :confused4 i don't see any reason to change it. And how long is very soon....

EDIT: Don't matter there back online now.

EDIT 2: Maybe not.... My reseller account is fine but my shared hosting account is not.

Last edited:
Ok they are all up just sites in my shared hosting account. I will wait for opendns to update there dns or try my pc later. I would use sky's dns but they take 2 days to update it.

URL tested: http://www.ytechsupportforum.co.uk/
Test performed from: Seattle, WA
Test performed at: 2009-03-12 12:32:47 (GMT -04:00)
Resolved As: 87.117.245.24
Response Time: 1.259 sec
DNS: 0.415 sec
Connect: 0.166 sec
Redirect: 0.000 sec
First byte: 0.346 sec
Last byte: 0.332 sec
Size: 8677 bytes

Thank you for fixing it. :knockedou

Back