• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jothost down again?

Unity Coders

does anyone know what's going on with jothost? it looks like their service has been replaced by a search portal and my website has gone down, :(.

If anyone knows whats going on then can you please tell me,

Thanks,

Jwalt

Hey, I contatced Alecp (the owner) and asked if it was coming back, he said:

The server is currently down for maintenance.

I hope that it will be back up soon, but I am not sure.

-Alec

...But then when I searched the domain on whois.com it shows the nameservers set to parked.com, which is a domain parking service. So I think that it will no be coming back at all, or it will return but not in a hurry.

Im looking for temporary hosting elsewhere, but Im making sure that its a decent host as I may end up there permanently if Jothost does not return.

i asked Alec 2 , and he told me that he thought he'll Have a Good active Forum, but then the server is down and i think Jothost Dead

I dont think that it will be Jothost when it comes back. The frontpage shows a Quake logo. No more Jothost.

If anyone is still looking for a freehost like Jothost then I recommend http://tehkubix.net/
Im hosted there and the packages are better than Jothosts were.

Or I found a new idea, if you don't like the free hosts out there maybe speed $2 or $3 on some payed hosting that has been in business for a few years and you might be more happy.

Ive talked to Alec (he is working with my company now), however he has sold JotHost as he was getting tired I am guessing of controlling it.

But to sum it all up all I know is he sold it to someone who would take care of it.

I dont think that it will be Jothost when it comes back. The frontpage shows a Quake logo. No more Jothost.

If anyone is still looking for a freehost like Jothost then I recommend http://tehkubix.net/
Im hosted there and the packages are better than Jothosts were.

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a spot for free hosting there??? :confused4

Back