• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Joomla! Template

:beer:

Looks good to me I might want to move the banner up on the right hand side next to the logo tho. Other than that it looks great

Now when can I have it? :p

:beer:

Looks good to me I might want to move the banner up on the right hand side next to the logo tho. Other than that it looks great

Now when can I have it? :p

That's a nice suggestion. I like that. Might do that.
Anyone can have it when I am happy to release it. :p

Update: Ads moved up.

Last edited:
I love this part of the sample info
"Yesterday all servers in the U.S. went out on strike in a bid to get more RAM and better CPUs. A spokes person said that the need for better RAM was due to some fool increasing the front-side bus speed. In future, busses will be told to slow down in residential motherboards."

But I would also work on editing the poll. Maybe have the darker and then the lighter section be the same as the background.

I love this part of the sample info
"Yesterday all servers in the U.S. went out on strike in a bid to get more RAM and better CPUs. A spokes person said that the need for better RAM was due to some fool increasing the front-side bus speed. In future, busses will be told to slow down in residential motherboards."

But I would also work on editing the poll. Maybe have the darker and then the lighter section be the same as the background.

Yep, cheers. Will do that today. :)

Dan

How much would you charge me to make a custom template for my site? http://freetshost.com

I kinda don't like whats on there now and really like what you have done with that one.

Dan

How much would you charge me to make a custom template for my site? http://freetshost.com

I kinda don't like whats on there now and really like what you have done with that one.

Hi.

PM me your MSN and we can talk on there shortly. Just doing stuff right now and should be on MSN in about 20 to 30 minutes.

Dan

That looks really very good! Have you done any work with modules with rounded corner borders and the like?

I had a go at it, and didn't turn out as I had hoped so scrapped it lol
I will be looking more into that over the coming months while learning to do templates for Joomla! 1.5.x

Cheers.

Quiet nice man, good job.

Heres some suggestion. OFC it all depends on taste :p

Id change the grey text on the grey background to somthing a littel more readable.

Perhaps increase the size of the header banner area. Seems too small.

The Latest news and popular boxes could be thinner and more centeral.

Main Menu could be smaller, and i dont see the need to have the direct links to joomla sites on it. You have a links section for that.

The Joomla links on the menu are there by default when you install Joomla. I didn't place them there on purpose. Just couldn't be arsed customising the module layouts and menu.
The template does not determine what links are there.

The template is quite good. I'd recommend making the text a bit lighter. It's too dark and although it's not hard to see, it's better if it's lighter so it's a lot easier to read.

I was thinking something like white or maybe even a lighter blue would work.

Just the links now, seems like you've already changed the text to white, unless I seen it wrong before... most likely I did see it wrong since I was too tired :p.

How about changing the grey text to another color.

Specifically the "Written by Web Master" ect

On the grey background they look blured and hard to focus on.

Back