• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Hacked?

So you're saying I can always re-upload the database and bring my forum to most recent?

I'm saying that your SQL, contains all your post/threads and board information on your IPB forum. Though if you are in dire need to upload a more recent backup of your SQL, then that's your choice, I don't want to make you do something, which can potentially cause harm; if you don't know how to do it. ;) Though I was just generally answering you why you would have still have the most recent posts. Sorry if I've caused any confusion, though you do have a very nice website. :)

I'm saying that your SQL, contains all your post/threads and board information on your IPB forum. Though if you are in dire need to upload a more recent backup of your SQL, then that's your choice, I don't want to make you do something, which can potentially cause harm; if you don't know how to do it. ;) Though I was just generally answering you why you would have still have the most recent posts. Sorry if I've caused any confusion, though you do have a very nice website. :)

I appreciate it. A question though: Let's say I get the board up and running but the "older" backup they're using to restore my files is from a month or two ago. Couldn't I just download my current SQL DB and upload that to bring it to current?

Link to what, my site?
http://www.helmet2helmet.net/forums/index.php?

I just don't get how this can be up and running but there's no directories listed and no files found.

Maybe Edwin is making progress.

I get this when i visted that link:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at helmet2helmet.net Port 80

I get this when i visted that link:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at helmet2helmet.net Port 80

that's actually just been coming up

i was just checking it out i thought is sounded like a motorcycle site you know: Helmet 2 Helmet :)

And I thought FOOTBALL (US or Canadian style). Same message here too, 403. Hope that is sorted really soon now. And sorry to hear of your ongoing problem... sad story that.

h2h, I am not affected by this problem. I have my own dedicated server. I WAS affected by the DC move early in November, but this situation does not involve me. I just feel your pain here .. this kind of thing is hard on everybody.

h2h, I am not affected by this problem. I have my own dedicated server. I WAS affected by the DC move early in November, but this situation does not involve me. I just feel your pain here .. this kind of thing is hard on everybody.

Oh my bad, you offering any web hosting? ;)

If you are looking for webhosting, I would suggest you look around the offers forum, Or contact Eclouds, Or Galaxy-Solutions on this forum if you are looking for VPS/Dedicated. I wouldn't personally take hosting from a Jewlzk customer at the moment, Due to all of these problems ;)

If you are looking for webhosting, I would suggest you look around the offers forum, Or contact Eclouds, Or Galaxy-Solutions on this forum if you are looking for VPS/Dedicated. I wouldn't personally take hosting from a Jewlzk customer at the moment, Due to all of these problems ;)

subtle name dropping lol

I wasn't trying to be subtle ;)

I just know 2 good dedicated server companies, So I thought I would mention them ;)

I appreciate it. A question though: Let's say I get the board up and running but the "older" backup they're using to restore my files is from a month or two ago. Couldn't I just download my current SQL DB and upload that to bring it to current?

Yes, that would be correct, as your SQL DB contains all your posts and all information on your forum, so it doesn't really matter how old the files are, unless you have added things to the template files. :wave: However I don't think that is necessary, seeing as you have your 'current' SQL DB already in affect.

Even if you have a dedicated server with JewlzK, why are you safe? What if something does wrong with your server? Or the connection gets shut down? With no one around to assist you, I would be worried.

If I was in that situation, I would make sure I was making hourly backups off of the network.

Thanks for all the advice, folks. First of all, I do not offer hosting, except to the clients of my regular day business :) Too many headaches. I want enough clients to pay for my server, and that is plenty! I am happy hosting my few clients, and throwing some free stuff to non-profits and charities.

Second, I do not have a server with Jewlzk at this point. I have recently moved, and was thinking of moving even before the DC move that Jewlzk had, to be closer geographically to my client base routing wise. The DC problems just made that a little quicker than I had anticipated.

Back