• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Hacked?

bleeding green

In a matter of an hour, my site went from up to gone. It can't be found, and according to Cpanel, all my files are gone, but my forum's SQL databse is still intact, thank God. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know what's up?

Roland is NOWEHRE to be found.

You might be the only one though, we seem to be getting differing stories.

I do hope he sorts the absence out as he's being crushed at the moment due to it.

Where are his 'staff' during this? I developed a heart condition a few years ago and hosting slipped during my absence but the guys doing support for me went all out on no pay to make sure the clients were okay and reputation didn't slip.

Even if one of his guys tried it would make a difference.

If anyone effected by problems needs help on a temp basis contact me and I'll see what I can do (obviously no free servers), but in fairness Roland was always great with me and I hate seeing this deteriorate further.

It would be good to see them come back but things seem to be worse and worse more people than ever comming here to complain.

Will we ever hear the end of this friggin 'Jewlzk'?

When there's no uptime, you need support. When there's no support, there's no service. When there's no service and you paid for it, that is a scam.

And all the personal reasons or family matters or illness is no excuse. It's a business.

Will we ever hear the end of this friggin 'Jewlzk'?

When there's no uptime, you need support. When there's no support, there's no service. When there's no service and you paid for it, that is a scam.

And all the personal reasons or family matters or illness is no excuse. It's a business.

I might not have quite worded it like that but yes basicly.

Last edited:
James, shut the f*** up. (self censored)

You don't know what's going on so don't comment in such a fashion.

Change your title and sig as your 'talent' is showing.

Your post is non-required, non-sensical, non.......

I just got this response from Aldridge, via a Jewlzk support ticket:

There was an attack against the server that your site is hosted on last night and they succeeded in destroying some customer webcontent before I discovered them and interviened and stopped them..home directory content is currently being recovered from an older offline backup. this is a very time consuming process but as I recover a site's home directory content it is being restored to it's proper location and goes live again. This proces is likely to take quite a number of hours. Please bear with us while we recover your content for you.....

--
Edwin Campbell
Sr. Systems Engineer
The Aldridge Company
http://www.aldridge.com/

Edwin has a load to say when pushed - not all accurate.

For a Sr. (assuming senior) title his advice is a bit iffy and states 'he' discovered it.

Jeez this should serve as a good indication as to Aldridge.

I didn't mention this before as it was unwarded but when our shared server that was provided through above, there were multiple problems, including DNS/IP (the most immediate for our clients), really bad speed throttling which fitted with their percentile rules (really bad ones), and for some strange reason software changes including a PERL version reversion (as in it went back about 2 versions). I do not trust that DC in any way.

At last I can answer due to the question/wording as it does not break a promise I made :D phew

Oh and there is more.

Edwin has a load to say when pushed - not all accurate.

For a Sr. (assuming senior) title his advice is a bit iffy and states 'he' discovered it.

Jeez this should serve as a good indication as to Aldridge.

I didn't mention this before as it was unwarded but when our shared server that was provided through above, there were multiple problems, including DNS/IP (the most immediate for our clients), really bad speed throttling which fitted with their percentile rules (really bad ones), and for some strange reason software changes including a PERL version reversion (as in it went back about 2 versions). I do not trust that DC in any way.

At last I can answer due to the question/wording as it does not break a promise I made :D phew

Oh and there is more.

how long do you think it is going to take him (Edwin)?

Back