• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there no Canadian mods??? We're internationally renowned for being peacekeepers...(honestly, this doesn't bother me at all)

Yeah, thank goodness for those Canadian rowboats with peashooters out there keeping the world safe. Dunno how we'd manage without them :p

:whatthe:
An ausssie mod? She'll sing Waltzin' Matilda when we are bad! :eek:

I vote for Webdude (if I don't he fixes the poll and votes for himself.:p )!

Originally posted by meow

An ausssie mod? She'll sing Waltzin' Matilda when we are bad! :eek:
Then be a good pussycat if you don't want to hear me sing :devious2:

But he is never around. You are always here! :crysad: :crysad: :crysad:
(r u smelling your flowers like Ferdy the bull? :p)

<<ADD>>
Yeah, that's right! Edit the posts as it fits you! It as begun. :cry2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Yeah, in Germany, the name Jan is a guy's name. I know some people with that name in my school. :) However, in English, the name Jan would be short for something like Janet or Janette, which are of course girl names.

CONGRATULATIONS JAN! :D
are you in germany too ?

Originally posted by Todd
Giancarlo don't worry about moderators having opposing view points. I often disagree with you along with others and I don't believe moderator powers have ever been used to change what you say or to ban you. No moderator will be agreed with 100% but as long as they do their job and don't abuse their power there isn't a problem.

If any moderator ever abuses their power contact Peo or myself, and we'll deal with it. If you think I've abused my power contact Peo and if you think Peo has abused his power leave the forum. :D

Jan will make a great moderator. She reports more posts then anyone else and they always deserve being reported. She's been a valuable member to FreeWebspace.net and I'm sure she'll do well.

Isnt it the job of the mods to patrol the forums and look for things that are wrong. yeah we can help out but still. Its like the police patrol the streets and if you need help you call them but still the catch bad guys on their own

michael, I wouldn't say that moderators should *patrol* the forum. I don't think that's a good word in this context. Patroling would be really sad and boring...

But we do visit the forums frequently to participate or read a lot of the messages out of our own interest. I'm sure that most of the time there is at least one moderator on the forum.

So it's a combination of the moderators work and the members reporting and communicating with the moderators, which will make this forum better.

You know what we gotta thank canada for...that tank and that soldier they sent for WWII. Without them, we wouldve lost. Also John Candy...he's a cool canadian.

Jan , I'd like you say a big good luck ..... i'm very jealous ... i've wanted to be a mod here for ages ....

However i can see why Todd and Peo have picked you as the new moderator :)

However i still wish to be a mod :cool2:

I've been really busy today ... otherwise i'd have posted sooner ...

You gotta love Brothers ... i had to travel over 150 miles to fix his computer :biggrin2:

Originally posted by michael p bennett
Isnt it the job of the mods to patrol the forums and look for things that are wrong. yeah we can help out but still. Its like the police patrol the streets and if you need help you call them but still the catch bad guys on their own
Peo already addressed it but I wanted to point out one flaw in your analogy. The police have a 911 number and a non-emergency number to receive reports of when citizens need assistance. They can patrol all day long but they wouldn't know about a large number of incidents if citizens didn't call up to report problems. :)

I know you pointed this out as well but I think it's a large part of messages. Often we'll read the first few pages of a thread and it'll be fine and then the next day it breaks out to personal attacks. We don't recheck it because we verified it was fine before. Partially our fault for trying to save some time but it's all solved with a simple reported message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back