• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.ISO file

I use winrar for almost everything, it's good stuff, I'm one of the four people on earth who actually bought a liscence for it .....

lol, and no one probably minds since most people only need the context menu (which doesnt trigger the reg box)

I use winrar for almost everything, it's good stuff, I'm one of the four people on earth who actually bought a liscence for it .....

LOL - that takes two of us out - who are the other two?

You can use most for a trial period, like winRAR, WinAce, PowerISO, MagicISO....

They let you 'mount' the image as if it was an actual CD/DVD then just copy files.

Just find a free trial and you should be able to open it and copy files.

However, if you're trying to get the MBR to also extract, I don't think you can get that out, as that's written directly to the ISO. The MBR is required for the computer to boot from the disk (in most cases, I think. As you need it for your HDD to boot.)

For those who don't run Linux:

MBR = Master Boot Record

However, if you're trying to get the MBR to also extract, I don't think you can get that out, as that's written directly to the ISO. The MBR is required for the computer to boot from the disk (in most cases, I think. As you need it for your HDD to boot.)

MBR = Master Boot Record

Hey now, Windows has fancy shmancy MBR's too.

MBR = Master Boot Record

Boot records are extracted with the data, an iso is a mirror image of the digital data contained on a cd / dvd, every single sector, as the first sectors of an iso image or iso9660 compatible cd are reserved for boot records, if that information were missing the rest of the information in the image would be a few bytes out of sync, rendering the data useless.

There is no MBR in ISO9660 spec, it's called El Torito boot specification...

image002.gif

There is no specification in the ISO9660 specs that say that any part of an ISO should be a boot record, the beginning of an image, the first bytes are reserved for such information. but it's not necessary and it's certainly not true to say that all boot records on iso's are El Torito; because they so aren't.

Use winrar for everything it can be used with.

And i never get that horrible pop-up asking me to buy because instead of opening the rar, I right click and select the unarchive option :p

But if you want a proffesional solution for ISO use "ISObuster" It is also like Winrar, It is a never ending paid program :p

Back