• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this safe?

looks like they're trying to make domain.com/test forward to cpanel

test it out and see if thats whats going on

I'm no .htaccess genius either. Google taught me everything I know.

Not 100% but wouldn't that redirect /test to the main shared IP/1st created account on that server?

Not as if they're trying to mirror another box, I'd quarentine it till they tell you what they are trying to do and disable ProxyRequests in the meantime. Again not 100% but it could be to open up /test as an open proxy.

Not 100% as I'm knackered. Once I get some rest I'll try and remember to have another look :)

No need to suspend/terminate. They are simply trying to access cPanel on port 80 using Apache mod_proxy. Probably because they need to access cPanel somewhere where a firewall blocks port 2082.

Their method won't work though, since cPanel uses a lot of URL's (for links and images) relative to the domain root (ie: /blabla.gif). Obviously if they are in www.theirdomain.com/test, the /blabla.gif link will give a 404. It is possible though to add a subdomain and use mod_proxy on "/".

EDIT: Just as a demonstration, we're running cPanel on port 80 with mod_proxy on http://cpanel.alpha.radixhosting.com.

Although it may be quite late to reply to this thread, it helps others searching the forum for a similar question.

I can't see the point on this though, doesn't cPanel now include it's own way to do this? Going to domain.com/cpanel checks if you're able to connect to port 2082 and if not, connects you another way.

[JSH]John;1011451 said:
Although it may be quite late to reply to this thread, it helps others searching the forum for a similar question.

I can't see the point on this though, doesn't cPanel now include it's own way to do this? Going to domain.com/cpanel checks if you're able to connect to port 2082 and if not, connects you another way.

As of which version?

[JSH]John;1011451 said:

I also noticed that, so if someone cannot access port 2082, 2086, or 2095, does this method above still work? I have a few clients who would like to access their cPanel, WHM, and WebMail however their ISP or where ever they are, is blocking those ports.

However I did notice that thing saying something about the ports, however it redirects so fast I cannot even read it.

I also noticed that, so if someone cannot access port 2082, 2086, or 2095, does this method above still work? I have a few clients who would like to access their cPanel, WHM, and WebMail however their ISP or where ever they are, is blocking those ports.

However I did notice that thing saying something about the ports, however it redirects so fast I cannot even read it.

Here you go:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163755

TW

Back