• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is there a way to test PHP?

shizzle

WOw I have a title
NLC
I want to see if PHP is installed... is there some sort of way to check without actually installing a script? This isnt my server, it is a friends, and I dont want to upload anything without being sure. I think theres this file you upload and it gives you the details of your PHP or something like that.

You can upload a .php with a php code to see if it has php. Also, there is a code to display the details of the server support for php. Sorry that I dont remember/have the code for that.

Hope I helped...

Make a file in notepad and call it php.php

in that file put this code

PHP:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

upload the file and load that page in the web browser and if you get a big long page of infomation on php then php is installed.

If PHP is not installed on a server then if you upload a page with .PHP extension and call it from your browser ,normally the server returns the PHP file as a simple text file thus presenting the source code ,if PHP is installed you get the output of script.
Sometime ago I uploaded a file here ,I did not know that this server does not support PHP and you can see how it behaves with it:
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~naveed/phpinfo.php

Back