• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iPhone officially unlocked!

HTC does make a TON of Windows Mobile phones, but worldwide, their are other manufacturers. Most of the US Pocket PC phones though, are made by them in one way or another.

I have an HTC PPC6800 and loving it ;) Had a 6700 before and liked it to. I don't think iPhone has the "pda" features that I desire and I like the fact Windows Mobile is very customizable since there is such a large base of user-created programs.

Yes but HTC does not make the Operating System running on these phones, which is Windows Mobile 6.

Yes but HTC does not make the Operating System running on these phones, which is Windows Mobile 6.

i think we have established that. no need to repeat yourself, and Matt didnt say that HTS makes WM, he said they make phones and PDA's. Which, after reading the HTC site, I would say is right. I was mislead previously by something i read, and by a co-worker that thought HTC made WM. so, my bad.

Nope, I fully realize Microsoft Windows Mobile is made by Microsoft, hence why it is called Microsoft Windows Mobile

and i was confused cause someone told me that HTC makes it for them. not sure why i believed that thinking about it now. :S

To get back to our initial discussion: I don't see what's wrong with the WM6 interface. It's changed significantly since Windows CE.

Windows CE
wince_dust.jpg

WM6
windows_mobile.gif

see, nothing much has changed. pretty much the same. they need a new look.

I was reading on Yahoo that the iphone contains something i cannot remember what that is actually patented by Apple, Inc. and that the owners of that website were being in contact with the lawyers from ATT and Apple about that... that they cannot legally unlock that phone for some reason.

you can unlock it, from what i read, but, you cant unlock and sell them as unlocked. it is however ok to distribute software to unlock one.

Back