• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm looking for a host to do the following:

Originally posted by Todd

Please do feel free to email me with questions / concerns. Oh and on a completely unrelated manner, Chicken the new mail forwarders work great. For the next 72 hours my address will forward all email to your account. Enjoy! :D
lol - looks like todds getting his own back :D:biggrin2:

Originally posted by Todd

Please do feel free to email me with questions / concerns. Oh and on a completely unrelated manner, Chicken the new mail forwarders work great. For the next 72 hours my address will forward all email to your account. Enjoy! :D

ROTFLMAO

I like your style .... enjoy chicken :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Hi,

I definately do not have a problem with Myacen. Just all the sheep that jump on the bandwagon and spout 3rd hand knowledge. I wouldn't keep recommending something I hadn't tried. It's ok if you say, "I've heard they're really good", but to act like you know from direct experience isn't all that beneficial to anyone.

I'm sure there are alot of hosts new to this forum and who want to get the word out about their service who feel frustrated by the attitude of alot of Senior Members such as yourself.

Peace.

Must agree with nex here, how can you say that when you yourself have had no experience with them?

Actually the way he phrased it made it against rules for a host to respond. Had he asked for hosts that offere specifics, ie:

I need a host that offers 50 megs of space, 5 gigs of bandwidth, and no more than $10 per month. Requirement, Requirement, Requirement, etc, etc

Then if you had a plan that matched what he asked for, then you could let him know that and post a link directly to that plan keeping it short and simple. It's a fine line and sometimes hard to distinguish. You are almost always better off sending them an offer instead of offering via the forums. Then you could simply respond via the forums saying "I have sent you an offer via email" so that visitors here dont think someone is getting completely ignored on a request.

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

I'm not anyone .. i didn't need the account.

Just noticed that you may have meant "not anymore." If that's the case and you have hosted with them and are speaking from first hand experience then fair play.

But my point about the hype up of Myacen stands. We have had a few clients find Hostnexus from FWS. But they came here looking for hosting, found it, finito. They aren't interested in checking into the forum everyday. The main guys that do including yourself, ArchBob, Psycho and a few other are all over zealous fans of Robert's and that puts a biased view on things.

Originally posted by NexDog

Just noticed that you may have meant "not anymore." If that's the case and you have hosted with them and are speaking from first hand experience then fair play.

But my point about the hype up of Myacen stands. We have had a few clients find Hostnexus from FWS. But they came here looking for hosting, found it, finito. They aren't interested in checking into the forum everyday. The main guys that do including yourself, ArchBob, Psycho and a few other are all over zealous fans of Robert's and that puts a biased view on things.

We have built a reputation over time, and this is why we are getting recommended. Your new to these forums so people will not mention you as often. We obtain alot of users from these forums, and all are happy with the service to this point.

I think you do have a problem with us and the views we get on this board, this is the fifth time you have mentioned "why we are always talked about", and if you really want me to I will find the threads.

Regards

I must admit, MyAcen have a solid reputation around this board, they have great prices and (from what I'v heard) great support :)

Originally posted by Myacen Network

I think you do have a problem with us and the views we get on this board, this is the fifth time you have mentioned "why we are always talked about", and if you really want me to I will find the threads.

Regards

As I said Robert, I definately do not have a problem with Myacen. I actually happen to think your service is looks excellent. My point is this: There are about 7-8 or so members who frequent this board quite a few times a day. Because of this they are considered board heavyweights whose opinion is to be highly thought of. For some reason or other, 4-5 of them are keen supporters of your service. The results are obvious. Over 50% of visitors looking for hosting end up at Myacen because any time a recommendation is asked for, the same people shout "Myacen, Myacen". This is not your fault and is indeed to your credit.

It does however paint a biased picture of what's available, in my opinion. It's a strange situation really and I can't see an easy resolution but I thought I should say something officially and I have mentioned this to Chicken and Crew, too.

Also. it's not a question of sour grapes as I welcome good competition; it can only be good for the industry (mostly).

Peace, and above all, respect.

Lets put it this way ... from my experience with them .. they'll be my next host in line ... as soon as my other project is ready ... i'll signed with myacen AGAIN.

What do i have to gain from lying .. be careful with your wording here ..

As I said Robert, I definately do not have a problem with Myacen. I actually happen to think your service is looks excellent. My point is this: There are about 7-8 or so members who frequent this board quite a few times a day. Because of this they are considered board heavyweights whose opinion is to be highly thought of. For some reason or other, 4-5 of them are keen supporters of your service. The results are obvious. Over 50% of visitors looking for hosting end up at Myacen because any time a recommendation is asked for, the same people shout "Myacen, Myacen". This is not your fault and is indeed to your credit.

It does however paint a biased picture of what's available, in my opinion. It's a strange situation really and I can't see an easy resolution but I thought I should say something officially and I have mentioned this to Chicken and Crew, too.

Also. it's not a question of sour grapes as I welcome good competition; it can only be good for the industry (mostly).

Peace, and above all, respect.

OK .. lets paint a picture here

I'm joe.bloggs down the road ... and i ask for

100MB disk space , 4gb data-transfer for $40 per month ...

and myacen provide this and i KNOW they are
a. not a scam
b. reliable
c. good technical support
d. what the client needs

I will recommened them .. other than someone saying hostonce which is
a. a scam
b. not reliable
c. no technical support
d. not what the client needs

or would u rather me recommened you .. just to give you more clients ... but i know nothing about your service nor have i had ANY experience with your company ... where i HAVE had experience with myacen.

Nuff said .

Hi,

I believe I've made my point. I am able to see from both sides. I had hoped that all parties involved would aswell, rather than bristling their feathers and screaming their defence. I have made no accusations here, just merely highlighted a situation.

Cheers.

Laurence, I think the reason they are recommended frequently is due to a couple of related factors:

Myacen has been here for over 5 months (you've been here for roughly 15 days) and has over 650 posts (he has participated in many threads and is generally known on the forum).

It is unreasonable to expect people in a community to frequently recommend 'the new guy'. In 5 months, you too may see your name suggested often, and the next new host/member will complain about you :D

Originally posted by Chicken
Laurence, I think the reason they are recommended frequently is due to a couple of related factors:

Myacen has been here for over 5 months (you've been here for roughly 15 days) and has over 650 posts (he has participated in many threads and is generally known on the forum).

It is unreasonable to expect people in a community to frequently recommend 'the new guy'. In 5 months, you too may see your name suggested often, and the next new host/member will complain about you :D

I would like to thank Chicken for putting this issue to rest :D

[Add] And God [/Add]

Hi.

Ya, I'm willing to let it lie. Now I've slept on it, I have a slightly new perspective on things. The point was never, "Recommend me, recommend me!". Of course I don't expect that after only being here a couple of weeks. It was merely an observation.

I hope you realise I have nothing against any of you at all. I love participating in this forum and have even spoken to cdude on chat about certain possibilities.

Chicken's a great moderator, Robert, but I think God leaves that up to him. :D

Back