• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I want a Mac

not true man. with windows, you can go to a website and a virus can automatically install, as with a mac, if one tries, a password box will come up, and you will be like hey, i didnt tell you to install anything, and cancel the install not harming anything. ;)

That's because of the browser though.
The same thing happens with Vista, as long as you don't remove the security measures.

That's because of the browser though.
The same thing happens with Vista, as long as you don't remove the security measures.

it has nothing to do with the browser. the only way vista does it is to leave UAC enabled which is very annoying since it makes you approve even booting an application you have booted 500 times.

If you get a virus through a brute force downloader, it's because of the browser having a security hole. :l
It only asks if you want to continue the operation in Vista, if you're loading a app that can harm your system, by if it's changing or requesting access to system folders OR having put it on the safe list.

dude, you obviously dont have a mac and dont really seem to know what you are talking about considering the amount of examples people have given to you, you just are looking for reason to cut down the system. mac and pc are both great in their own way IMO, but, when it comes to viruses, mac is on top of pc for protection.

Justin: Can you simply run binaries in your home directory without a username and password?

If so, then all one would need is a privilege escalation exploit hidden in the binary, along with a payload, and you're ----ed.

If the executable originated from the internet, it will always ask you for your permission before running it. Period.

If an executable wants access to make system changes you would be asked to retype your password again.

Dude, i own a macbook, i installed Sophos Anti Virus, McAcfee, and Norton and all they did were piss me off, every time i unextracted a rar file or something it would popup and i got really pissed. All it did was annoy me so i don't use them anymore.

As for pirated software, i can assure you there's lots, and believe me that all the pirated software is actually very very good.

Also to mention, with a mac, you can go into something called "front row" and this takes you to a whole new dimension of your mac. It's like windows media however, the mac one only requires 6 buttons whilst the windows has 45 buttons on it's remote. Anyway, here you can watch your movies and watch the latest movie trailers all streamed from the apple website.

Also, Apple's "Software Update" makes sure your mac is up to date with the latest security patch's and bug fixes and has fixes for all your applications.

I have to say, there are also loads of amazing features in the OS which do all kind of amazing operations.

If you want Mac OS X on your PC, there's hacked versions, i don't want to give you a link to them for certain reasons but they're called "iDeneb" and another one is called "iATKOS"

Enjoy for what Apple has to offer, they are not totally limited in terms of hardware, you can upgrade most of them with more ram or a better hard drive yourself no problem and i love the firewire :D

If the executable originated from the internet, it will always ask you for your permission before running it. Period.

If an executable wants access to make system changes you would be asked to retype your password again.
& again, how many will grant the permission?

@lew: So you're not using an AV because it keeps your system secure?

Forget where it originated. Say the user downloaded it from some email they received. It might still ask for your permission (Again, I don't have an Apple so I don't know), but most people will just give it permission. Combined with my previous post (PE & Payload) then you're ----ed.

It's retarded to think a system is totally secure. The only reason I'm not worried is because Linux's market share is too low for people to care, plus I'm not an idiot and only run trusted programs.

Back