• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I want a Mac

If a Mac didn't have it's "sexy" looks, do you think people would use them, or if they never had a fasion appeal to them? I don't. Again, how many REAL computer nerds will base their computer purchase choice off the looks of the case? Some would do that AFTER they have built, bought the computer, but not before.

Even though the majority only use a computer for IM, music, photos, that still is just idiotic that they buy a mac, just to do that. Kind of reminds me of why people buy a electronic picture frame.

I've only ever used a Mac to run automated testing on another box. The program crashed twice, and the entire system locked up once forcing a restart. That was only in one day.

Saying that, I would love one of the new Macbooks.

i honestly see that there would be no problem running any game on a mac that they have for a pc if there is a mac version. you could even just run parallels and run the windows game, and be fine that way. so, just cause hard core gamers dont use macs right now means nothing. i used to hate mac computers, but, i have been messing with them here and there over the past year, and mac has really stepped the game up. i see a lot more people switching to them, including myself. btw, i got my macbook pro yesterday, and it is nothing but great.

i got final cut, but, dont know if i will ever use it. thinking of getting into some video editing though, so, figured it would be good to have.

i got final cut, but, dont know if i will ever use it. thinking of getting into some video editing though, so, figured it would be good to have.

You can always give me the license :) jk my school has an academic version so I can barrow the disks. not necessaraly leagl but I can.

yeah, i borrowed it from work. they arent using it anymore in my department, so, they have more copies that the video department uses now. i am having a hell of a time getting cs4 master though. :(

I don't understand why no one never uses illegal software on the Mac. It's like it's amoral. Same with using cracked, or illegally obtained copies of MacOSX. Yet on Windows it's like it's perfectly fine, as some kind of attack to Microsoft. Even if they never made the software. :l

I know, but most Mac users are like "What are you doing! You can't use pirated software, that's amoral! Shame on you!" then whenever they use a Windows based computer, they don't care and use pirated software! But with Macs it's wrong.

Same with the cost of software or hardware, Microsoft apprently are money grabbers, yet Apple aren't, when they over price everything to an insane amount. Perhaps everyone should start using Appl€.

yeah, seriously, i had to buy parallels cause i couldnt get the pirated version to work. lol. and that was freaking $80. but, at least i have windows and osx running now.

What do you mean by that exactly? Can't Windows based computers do this perfectly well?

Yes, they technically can but its a much easier process on a mac because of the software.

How can you really compare them in terms of performance? One computer does this, and the other does something else. Now, prove me wrong if you can find a Mac with the same specs as my computer less than or equal to my price.

That's why I was saying precisely that specs don't really matter. As long as the computer can do what you need it to do at a reasonable speed the rest is unimportant.

Macs can do everything they need to do very well and they aren't prone to the problems PCs have of viruses and spyware.

you know what i found hilarious? when i installed parallels, it automatically installed kapersky for windows. haha. apple knows whats up. ;)

Macs can do everything they need to do very well and they aren't prone to the problems PCs have of viruses and spyware.

They are! Just wait until someone spreads one like wildfire.

They are! Just wait until someone spreads one like wildfire.

I don't know how many times I've said this.

Mac OS X is BSD. It runs by default under a limited user account. In order for a virus/worm to propagate, it would need to exploit a remote vulnerability AND a privilege escalation vuln.**

I don't feel like looking it up, but if somebody wants to find the most recent remote/escalation vulns for Mac OS X and check if they've been patched ...

** Change that to just a privilege escalation. I forgot people are stupid and run anything they download.

in order to install anything on a mac, you must enter your username and password, so, it is unlikely for a mac user to get a virus. ;)

If they think before they enter their password. It's the same with Windows, if you don't just install anything without thinking, then you wont get a virus.

Back