• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I wanna Know!

danethicalhost said:
That's different and is completely not what I was talking about.
I am talking about hosts that provide free webspace etc without any ads, linkbacks, forums posts etc.

And he offers: 1GB space, Umetered bandwidth that is Ad-Free and requires no posting.

See my point? :p

hosting-shack said:
And he offers: 1GB space, Umetered bandwidth that is Ad-Free and requires no posting.

See my point? :p

Ah right. I see. :D
Ah sher lad, lookit, tis all good. He will also be one of those guys that will wake up one day all confused and frustrated because he can't login to cPanel or WHM and will be wondering he can't or any of his reliable and pleased clients can't. ;)

I would only provide free hosting for the year if I had enough profits to pay for the server for the year and have some money left over. Than I'd be not very strict at all.

The problem is, people start free hosting, thinking the ad's on their site will cover the costs of all the hosting... But the offer a "One-Time" post and get hosting, after a few months, or a month even, they don't have enought to pay for their reseller... And die...

hosting-shack said:
The problem is, people start free hosting, thinking the ad's on their site will cover the costs of all the hosting... But the offer a "One-Time" post and get hosting, after a few months, or a month even, they don't have enought to pay for their reseller... And die...

Exactly.
And then people who ask for hosting for free will complain because they have to display ads etc and when they don't have ads they will complain when their website disapears. It's a no-win situation for providers.
We have now taken it further where people wanting free hosting will not only have to display a header and footer banner ad, but will also have to post 20 non-spam posts on our forums and will also have to post for upgrades. That simple.

Well free hosting can be given out of the kindness of peoples hearts :D. Lets say the manager, or hosting team have non-virtual jobs, whats stopping them from providing a good free service, without posts or ads?

The people who you are on about are just kids, with no jobs, no other sources of income. I think over generalising like that is a bad thing, you give everyone who does that a bad name or reputation whereas they may have the financial backing to provide such a service.

XH-SAM said:
Well free hosting can be given out of the kindness of peoples hearts :D. Lets say the manager, or hosting team have non-virtual jobs, whats stopping them from providing a good free service, without posts or ads?

The people who you are on about are just kids, with no jobs, no other sources of income. I think over generalising like that is a bad thing, you give everyone who does that a bad name or reputation whereas they may have the financial backing to provide such a service.

If they are willing and able to finance it out of their back pockets then fair play to them. I know I can't so it has to be financed somehow.

XH-SAM said:

It's a shame not many do tho. If you have another job, your customer will complain that you dont give that much support...

People expect a lot from free hosting... More that should be given... But it's people that offer 30GB bandwidth for 10 forum posts that piss me off, how can they still support that client after a month? Simply, they can't.

They are the host that stay around for less than a month. And 90% of free hosts last only a month or less, and 50% of them 10% that do last more than a month only last more than 3 months.

They are the host that stay around for less than a month. And 90% of free hosts last only a month or less, and 50% of them 10% that do last more than a month only last more than 3 months.

Then I am happy that I am an exception to this. Another 2 weeks and I am running really FREE webhosting for 1 year already.
No ads, no posts, but they have to respect the terms and conditions, and I do not advertise with bandwith at all, that is simply on "shared" basis.

However I do deliver up to 2GB of webspace since that should NEVER ever be a problem anymore these days. The users that I have are not very demanding, eighter they accept what I provide or they have to search for something else, but it turns out that they like the features and support that I give them.

I do have a fulltime job and as long as that is the case my webhosting will stay...
Support ??? Plenty !! How come ??? I work from home !

The key to success is good communication towards your users, keep them informed is the best thing to do !

Kind regards,
PaulP.

(Making a user happy is easy, keeping him happy is the real challenge)

Last edited:
PaulP said:
Then I am happy that I am an exception to this. Another 2 weeks and I am running really FREE webhosting for 1 year already.
No ads, no posts, but they have to respect the terms and conditions, and I do not advertise with bandwith at all, that is simply on "shared" basis.

However I do deliver up to 2GB of webspace since that should NEVER ever be a problem anymore these days. The users that I have are not very demanding, eighter they accept what I provide or they have to search for something else, but it turns out that they like the features and support that I give them.

I do have a fulltime job and as long as that is the case my webhosting will stay...
Support ??? Plenty !! How come ??? I work from home !

The key to success is good communication towards your users, keep them informed is the best thing to do !

Kind regards,
PaulP.

(Making a user happy is easy, keeping him happy is the real challenge)
This is the exact thing that I do, except I am only 16 with a part time job (My parrents are the legal owners). My hosting company has been around for more than one year. It was started off of "Lunch Money" before I got a job a month later (I got hungry). I offer support from home and school (in computer class (max of 4 hours support wait time). I also have a friend on the East Coast who offers support for me. I just now started requireing ads. My work (a computer place) is now paying me to put there ads on my free sites:)

Back