• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I wanna Know!

Dan

Bullah
NLC
I would like to ask all free hosting providers a very simple but serious question. I am particularly pointing this question to free hosts who give out accounts without being ad supported or without asking for post to host or link backs.

How Do You Do It?

Like, I tried Post For Host in the past. I ended up selling the domain. I tried Link Backs, people were not happy having our "Hosted For Free By DanEthical Services" link on their site. Now we demand ads placements on headers and footers. And with this, we are extremely strict and show genuine zero tolerance.

I see many requests such as:

I want 500 MB of space
5 GB Transfer
cPanel
Fantastico
CGI
MySQL
Etc

No Ads!
No Posts!

And I see replies like:

Hey. Join Us. *provides link*
No Ads and No Posts. Immediate Signup

Like, Let's Be Honest!

So, let's hear the big secrets to your success?

Either they are extremely generous, or extremely stupid. The biggest plan that I offer is 500mb and 2.5gb and I know whilst it may seem small in comparison to other hosts, its a genuine offer and I guarantee your website will be around for a long time to come.

I cant see the logic in offering no posts and no ads, unless your Clubhostcity or Zoomcities (right people?) whom are just generous, caring people.

X3r0X said:
Either they are extremely generous, or extremely stupid. The biggest plan that I offer is 500mb and 2.5gb and I know whilst it may seem small in comparison to other hosts, its a genuine offer and I guarantee your website will be around for a long time to come.

I cant see the logic in offering no posts and no ads, unless your Clubhostcity or Zoomcities (right people?) whom are just generous, caring people.

Yeah my guess is they are stupid.

The people who do that could be stupid, or just want their name to be heard, so they give away a few of those kind of "no ads and no post required packages". Also, it all matters if the company already owns their dedicated server and has already paid off the year's fees.

tshark said:
The people who do that could be stupid, or just want their name to be heard, so they give away a few of those kind of "no ads and no post required packages". Also, it all matters if the company already owns their dedicated server and has already paid off the year's fees.

I pay for my servers on a yearly basis and would not offer plans like that. What happens at the end of the year when they have to pay for the server again and they suddenly realise, "OMFG! I have no money!"

Like I said, im only guessing they give out a few of these kinds of accounts just to get some publicity.

But if you give out the hosting as really cheap paid hosting, you're still getting your name heard, and making money.

Keagle said:
But if you give out the hosting as really cheap paid hosting, you're still getting your name heard, and making money.

Exactly. And the only way their name will be heard as the free hosts that have no add or post support will be like "Unreliable" or "The Host That Never was" type thing.

Hosts like that last about a month.

Not sure if you remeber, but about 2 months ago, a gaming site started offering 1GB diskspace and 50GB Bandwidth with no ad's and no posting required. Are they still here now? Nope. Is their site still there? Nope.

It's simple. The do it, thinking they are great, they get 100 people on their server (or reseller...) and then it's time to pay next months bill... Yeah... Ouch... They just give up and fail.

They sell the domain and force ads of they pay for an unlimited space and bandwidth reseller.

It has happened before, but if it does
>) The server goes slow
>) They get forced ads which cover the cost.
>) They sell the domain for big money.
>) There's a small file limit.
>) There's an inactivity limit.
>) The servers are funded.

danethicalhost said:
I pay for my servers on a yearly basis and would not offer plans like that. What happens at the end of the year when they have to pay for the server again and they suddenly realise, "OMFG! I have no money!"
That's when we see webhosts start collapsing. I have to say that it's pretty much the case now. We see webhosts going down every now and then without any reasons. They just disappear from the face of the Internet. :p

jiehao85 said:
That's when we see webhosts start collapsing. I have to say that it's pretty much the case now. We see webhosts going down every now and then without any reasons. They just disappear from the face of the Internet. :p

The most common reason for them vanashing is the fact that they have no way of paying the monthly or annually costs or whatever.

They are usually young webhosts who lacks understanding and common sense. I doubt we are going to see the end of them yet.

I'm one of those link providers you mentioned, the secret is in donations, paid services and ad's on our homepage.

TpHost said:
I'm one of those link providers you mentioned, the secret is in donations, paid services and ad's on our homepage.

That's different and is completely not what I was talking about.
I am talking about hosts that provide free webspace etc without any ads, linkbacks, forums posts etc.

Back