• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

i think webhosting is on WRONG WAY

I think that way hosting industry is going is not wrong. This unlimited and free hosting will survive till people believe them. Only when ALL people will say that they do not want unlimited or free, then everything will be changed.

I must be stupid, but I just didn't understand why some people think that .com domains should be more expensive. You think if you'd price domains so that they'd be unreachable to the common folk it would be better off and you compare this to the Mercedes-Benz brand which is pursued to be luxority item. Get a clue.

Creating your personal website shouldn't be a luxority item that only the upper classes (in value of money they posses) of society should have access. A lot of work of common folk has been put to Internet such as all the open-source projects etc so why should these people be denied to have access to create their own domain/website?

If you are so desperate to show your social status by your Internet domain then just lobby the decision-makers to create dot snob and price it up to too-much-and-bit-more.

Internet markets should remain competetive, so us average Joes or "kids" as you kindly put it, could create our own domains and host family pictures there.

You know people like .com and appreciate it very much. I think it's more in human mind that .com costs more then any other extensions.

Back