• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

i think webhosting is on WRONG WAY

diwaker

hello

from the last 1 year i have noticed that LOTS of companies are offering BIGGER PLANS webhosting (100 gb , 1500 or unlimited WHAT THE HACK IS GOING ON) i don think a normal website client will use that such large amount of space .
If he wants to use then i m sure those companies will terminate ur acccount by saying that u r abusing the space or bandwidth or server resources WHAT IS THIS ??????

Here are The few webhosts offering BIG BIG PLANS :lol:

Hostdepartment.com
www.lypha.com/
hostmonster.com
godaddy
and there are lots of you will find on ebay or webhosting forums

the thing i m saying if any company offer big space like 150gb and terabytes of bandwidth then why they do not allow the client to use the space the way he want in legal way sometimes they delete the account if u have a large quantity of legal content hosted.

I PERSONALLY THINK THE WAY WEBHOSTING INDUSTRY IS GOING IS WRONG WHAT U PEOPLE SAY??

I think your --- is on the wrong way.

Dont get yourself tied up about this, just everyone discovered the joy of overselling all of a sudden.

And have you gone down to your local electronics store and noticed how much the HD's hold ve say 3 years ago?

Yea, think to when you buy hosting, 80% will use there hosting for a personal website and maybe a forum so thats gonna be under 100mb so they dont have to worry about it, though theres 20% who will make arcade sites, file and imaging uploading sites etc. but if you read the fine print youll notice that they say if you use too much server resources they will termiate your account, but dont go for the those guys. Usually by looking at the design if it looks "cheesy" its most likely not going to be a good host

I agree with you. Because the Internet is not regulated in the United States, people can say anything without fear of a false advertisement suit. I'm not saying that the Internet should be regulated, because I don't believe that, but I don't think companies should be abusing that either.

Such hosts exist because people think it's the norm.
Have you seen hosting requests lately?
20gb space/500gb bw, 100gb space/1Tb, etc, all for ~5$

If stupid/unknowledgeable people would not sign up for those, they wouldnt exist.
Bring back the <2000 internet. Stuff was realistic then :(

Its because people want huge plans because they think its better value. I was under the assumption that was called overselling? ;)

Yea, think to when you buy hosting, 80% will use there hosting for a personal website and maybe a forum so thats gonna be under 100mb so they dont have to worry about it, though theres 20% who will make arcade sites, file and imaging uploading sites etc. but if you read the fine print youll notice that they say if you use too much server resources they will termiate your account, but dont go for the those guys. Usually by looking at the design if it looks "cheesy" its most likely not going to be a good host

A lot of people used illegal Template monster (templatemonster.com) templates, to me thats an instant indication of something dodgy. people usually can't edit them properly and it just points out theres something not quite right.

A lot of people used illegal Template monster (templatemonster.com) templates, to me thats an instant indication of something dodgy. people usually can't edit them properly and it just points out theres something not quite right.

This is one way, I too find out! All sick hosts are too lazy to even make their own website, let alone how bad or good it is. They dont even bother to change the pre-defined prices. Just replace "YOUR COMPANY NAME" with theirs and go!
Thats not the way to go about. If they are lazy to make themselves a template, then... their support services too will be too lazy and slow, apart from their servers!

There have been unlimited bandwidth hosts for a really long time. Just because hosts are just changing from unlimited to 3,000GB doesn't really mean much, as I'm sure they just pick that number out of the air and run with it.

As long as you research a host and keep backups it doesn't matter if the no name host you signed up with goes under.

I for one wouldn't even look twice at one of those "megadeal" hosts. I only need 10GB bandwidth, and I pay $10 a month for it happily :) At least I am 99% sure they will be there next month, next year ;) The "megadeal" hosts are the ones with most complaints, whether it be downtime, poor support or general complaints about attitude.

Well, overselling and offering unmetered is another way to attract your clients but in some point where the business will go? If you can cover what you offer, that is fine but if have a "point" in you TOS saying that using more than "x" resources means account suspension what we are talking about? The business don't need to be regulated, its OK without any frames to live in but some marketing technics are going far beyond the limits of what hosting industry means after all, right?

Enjoy!
A.

I would have to agree with you. In fact, just this morning, I made the decision to sell off our paid hosting division, which is the oldest part of the company. I'm just sick of competing against unreasonable demands. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I've run out of the desire and energy to do it.

It is pretty crazy. There is no way most of us can compete with what the bigger companies can offer as far as web space or bandwidh. But we can offer better support.

We can never use that much bandwidth without taking up high system resources.
This is one thing for sure! Even streaming videos consume a hell lot of system resources both on client and server side. People dont understand such stuff.

Back