• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I really really need.....

hendonfc

..... free hosting with
subdomain only (me.whatever.com) (no directories or/you's plz)
at least 100MB space
at least 1GB transfer
allow .ZIP files
allow downloads
NO popup or frame ads (banners are fine)
NO forum requirements (25 posts blah blah)
either FTP or browser upload both are fine

I was at www.gamhosting.com but it's having server troubles so I'm trying to find a new one.:doh!: :doh!: :doh!:

Cheers to anyone who replies

Due to copyright concerns the following file type extensions are not allowed to be uploaded to our servers:

avi, mov, mp3, mpeg, mpg, ra, ram, exe, rar, tar, and zip.

I need zip downloads! :crying5:

i recommend sonnexh.com, you'll need 50 posts in their forums to get hosting and i believe they are fairly good witn who people host zips. visit them for more info. try tripod.com or tripod.co.uk, both only have 50mb but sign up for 2 accounts and go from there. thats all i can think of.

I have applied to Frostyhost, Tripod does frame ads and sonnexh is forum and my original post said NO forum stuff.

I am waiting on FrostyHost but I'm trying to open myself up some options should that reject me

It REALLY Helps if you share whats in the zip files... then maybe someone might actually offer a custom free hosting without fear or something they dont want in the zips.

If you say I want a host that allows zips, Im too lazy to post for it, I dont want any ads, you can imagine why your having trouble finding a host.

NEWAYZ try web1000.com and enjoy the periodic p*rno 404's.

Cheers for the advice striker, in the zips are MPEG's, zipped to reduce file size for my users to download instead of watching online.

Problem with Web1000 - over 18's only I'm 16 and UK

Anyone else help???? (Clutchin at straws)

I could have given you something for 1gb/month zipped LEGAL vids but its /~yourname not yourname.xyz.com

Originally posted by hendonfc
Cheers for the advice striker, in the zips are MPEG's, zipped to reduce file size for my users to download instead of watching online.

Problem with Web1000 - over 18's only I'm 16 and UK

Anyone else help???? (Clutchin at straws)

Dont tell me you are that goody goody.

Unless you share what your site is about you don't have a prayer of finding a good host. :bandit2:

Yeah,
usually making users post/provide stats or site is a way for webhosts to filter out the warez kiddies. I use forum post count, and it really helped with the warez problem. I made it automated, but around 50% of the sites had warez so I changed my method :)

What is on your site?

I don't allow a downloads site. If your site is only for downloading then I cannot help you.

Also, what are the zipped files?

Back