• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

i need shout cast hosting (reliable) hosting

xzooom1

hello

i need a shout cast hosting

bit rate minumm 56 kb/s

number of slots 50 user

i need it with auto dj

regard

Re:

Hi

Shoutcast indeed requires a high amount of resources such as bandwidth and RAM, which is not suitable with the VPS and hence we do not recommend Shoutcast on our VPSs. If you wish to host Shoutcast, you need to consider Cloud or Dedicated servers. :fangel:

Hi

Shoutcast indeed requires a high amount of resources such as bandwidth and RAM, which is not suitable with the VPS and hence we do not recommend Shoutcast on our VPSs. If you wish to host Shoutcast, you need to consider Cloud or Dedicated servers. :fangel:

Maybe on a poorly configured VPS. Most standard VPS with good amounts of bandwidth will suffice for shoutcast hosting, especially at about 100 listeners running 128kbps.

Maybe on a poorly configured VPS. Most standard VPS with good amounts of bandwidth will suffice for shoutcast hosting, especially at about 100 listeners running 128kbps.

i am totally agree with u.
perhaps the VPS he is selling is only giving 1mbps for each VPS.
then that might be the reason why he is not recommending to use his VPS.

Shoutcasti.com

xzooom1,

We can help you with your shoutcast hosting.

We can supply you with the following plan( or check out our site for more plans: www.shoutcasti.com)

50 slots
64Kbps
Auto DJ (1 GB space included)

Regular price: $14.00 per month
Sale price: $4.90 per month!
Use coupon : "holiday2010" and receive 65% off your order!

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:

i am totally agree with u.
perhaps the VPS he is selling is only giving 1mbps for each VPS.
then that might be the reason why he is not recommending to use his VPS.

I think you both need to read my recommendation carefully. We have the highly configured VPS plans so relax :beer: but regarding to customers benefits we are not recommended VPS for shoutcast hosting. You should offer your VPS plans to him I don't have any problem. :evilb:

My intention behind suggesting dedicated and cloud hosting is, that OP will get better features and performance and won't need to upgrade hosting package one form to another. I intent to point out the issue of up gradation as the listeners to the service are not going to be limited to 50 or 100 listener, they are surely going to increase with time. Enhancing the performance for our users is what we target without making our users experience any kind of inconveniences now or in the future. For such a type of hosting requirement, we recommend a Dedicated Server or a cloud hosting package to make sure that the user has the complete privilege to expand and achieve the desired objectives and fore casts.

Best Luck :)

Last edited:
@paullopez
trust me, on non oversell servers, the VPS will be enough to support the type of bandwidth where high amount of listeners is connected in.
since he is going to broadcast with 56kb/s per slot.
ur VPS plan will going to be last very long for the OP b4 he needs to go up to a dedicated server, if the host node for your VPS plans is on a 100mbps sharing with decent number of VPS containers in it.

Last edited:
@WebIntellects-R
yup, coz if anythings goes wrong, it is easier to reboot the VPS since we can directly reboot it from the VPS control panel.
better for a live online show.

Back