• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I don't like paypal very much

Straight from PP

"The Seller Protection Policy does not cover Claims
for Significantly Not as Described or for non-receipt of merchandise, or
sales of intangible goods, services, or licenses for digital content."

To Meksilon.

Yes a bank in the US can close your account at any time. My wife, who works at a bank has had to close a couple over the years. One was an HSA account which was being used improperly, Government required closing. The other was a very disrespectfull and rude customer.

As for freezing accounts. I really do not know about that for sure. I do no that they can restrict access to money's deposited by check for a period of time. I believe if its deposited into your checking its up to 7 business days, if savings up to 11 or 15 business days.

As to why banks have it stated in there TOS is to prevent lawsuits if they do it from valid reasons internally or if they are doing the actions because of court order.

Hey Everyone,

A client of mine escalated a dispute with paypal even though I provided the VPS and it worked perfectly. They essentially wanted a free month without having to pay. SO paypal takes their claim. They say "Hey seller, what's the story?" I tell them it's a scam, they wanted a free VPS. Apparently paypal never got my email, they give the buyer a full refund.

Nice company paypal is! Share your silly paypal stories.
Strange in the very first place. As far as my experience, paypal never takes claims related to services.
Paying monthly or whatever for VPS is like paying for a service, so as per what Paypal writes in its terms and conditions related to Dispute Resolution, it shouldn't have taken the claim of your customer.

I once paid 200$ for a dedi to a host from here, and he didn't give me my server for nearly 10 days and even stopped replying after few days. I filed a claim in paypal, and they closed it saying since it's related to service, and not a physical good which is to be delivered physically, this claim was out of their jurisdiction bounds, and closed my claim.
And I feel, they were right in doing this.

Anyways, so am unsure how did paypal even took up the claim of your customer.

rolly i've been on both ends of this with pp and they seem to do what they like. I've even had two payments sent from the same buyer, the buyer file a claim, he won one and I won one :confused4

To Meksilon.

Yes a bank in the US can close your account at any time. My wife, who works at a bank has had to close a couple over the years. One was an HSA account which was being used improperly, Government required closing.
Yes that sounds perfectly reasonable if they were required by law to close the account.
The other was a very disrespectfull and rude customer.
Now that I would have a problem with. The customer has every right to be disrespectful and rude - they may be upset because you did something like charge a higher monthly fee and they didn't feel they were notified... they may have any BS reason and it doesn't mean they're right, but it doesn't mean they have to act in a pre-determined way.
I believe if its deposited into your checking its up to 7 business days, if savings up to 11 or 15 business days.
My bank, "Westpac" delays outgoing transactions into new accounts by 24 hours brining the total transition time to 48 hours. But if I instead pay with my debit mastercard the money is instantly transferred. It doesn't seem to make sense since it is easier to just pay with a c/c then transfer funds bank-to-bank (which is also very easy, retrospectively).

To rolly & tninternet, it sounds like PP does whatever the representative taking your case decides with no internal stability or accountability.

Meksilon

To a degree a customer does have a right to be disrespectful and rude, but they/we do need to rember that sometimes polite discussion can get you alot further. Obviously I did not tell the hole story about her rude customer, a few hints, vulgarity, cussing and not on just one occasion. I beleive there was even a call to the authorities to remove them.

As for tranaction delays, some financial institutions are on a "Live system" some on a "Live Proof system" and some on a "Live Live" system. From your example of your bank I am assuming a "Live Proof system"

Buried deep in the E-bay forums somewhere I remember reading that with paypal it is sometimes CSR rulet to get what you want. That is probably why some people are able to get the chargebacks and others dont. Unfortunatly it seems that they do not always follow policy on the claims.

Meksilon

To a degree a customer does have a right to be disrespectful and rude, but they/we do need to rember that sometimes polite discussion can get you alot further. Obviously I did not tell the hole story about her rude customer, a few hints, vulgarity, cussing and not on just one occasion. I beleive there was even a call to the authorities to remove them.
Do you know what happens if you're at trial and you're the defendant - and you're rude, loud and disruptive? The judge can order you to be gagged & bound to your seat! But you can't be removed from the court room, since you have a right to be present at your trial!

Clearly you're talking about a far more specific situation then casual disruptive and rude behaviour, in which case I'd expect it to be treated differently to every-day ongoing rude behaviour.
As for tranaction delays, some financial institutions are on a "Live system" some on a "Live Proof system" and some on a "Live Live" system. From your example of your bank I am assuming a "Live Proof system"
Well, I had an extra sentence which for some reason didn't show up when I posted, that basically said that I know that sellers get the c/c & eftpos money right away because they're paying fees and charges for that service (when you discontinue the service they charge you a big whopping fee something like $500 or more as well!) It was just a simple parody - they're quick to take the money out of your account, and slow to put it in (even when a seller does a reverse c/c charge in order to refund your money!)
Buried deep in the E-bay forums somewhere I remember reading that with paypal it is sometimes CSR rulet to get what you want. That is probably why some people are able to get the chargebacks and others dont. Unfortunatly it seems that they do not always follow policy on the claims.
Needless to say, the ACCC is fiercely against eBay's anti-competitive policy that makes PayPal mandatory in a variety of situations, and has been onto them for a while. It's also worth noting that eBay Australia used to have an illegal GST policy, which required that sellers who charge GST must make that known in the auction, but they didn't have to include the charge in the auction price, see here. They of course were forced to comply with the law - some 5 years after it was passed to begin with!

I had at one point in time contacted eBay myself about this policy, and they sent me the usual canned reply stating that was their policy, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Straight from PP

"The Seller Protection Policy does not cover Claims
for Significantly Not as Described or for non-receipt of merchandise, or
sales of intangible goods, services, or licenses for digital content."

Now what these people are doing though is claiming that they did not authorize that specific transaction, so Paypal reverses the transaction. Which is complete bull**** because that should come out of Paypal's pocket then! They're the ones that offer the refund for fraudulent purchases. Why should I have to suffer for their incompetence?

You're right, because even if the transaction WAS unauthorised, it's not like you played any part of it, therefore it's futile to punish you. Banks pay for it out of their insurance - not by clawing back your money.

Oh yeah I escalated a dispute against a scam hosting company before, and they decided in favor of the scam host because it was a "service".

Ridiculous...it left me pissed.

Back